2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

in desperate need

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 09:12 PM
newdodgechic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default in desperate need

Hello, I'm new to this and I really need help. My 2008 dodge avenger started sputtering on occassion when I press on the gas. I drove it for about 60 miles and ran fine. I had the fuel injectors and spark plugs changed and still sputters. I took it to auto zone and had it checked for codes and it gave me faulty fuel injectors. Took it again after I replaced them and it gave me other 8 codes related to fuel issues. Do I need to change the fuel pump? Please help!! Thank you in advance.

Old 10-03-2014, 01:04 PM
modernmuscle
Amateur

Not necessarily, if you have a fuel pressure gauge see what it's pumping out. It might also be worth replacing the fuel filter. You'd think the shop would of mentioned it to you if it was an issue with the pump. If it ends up being the pump make sure you shop around to save you some money but buy the full unit. I found my last one on WeRMopar. There also might be some sponsored venders on here to check out.

Old 10-06-2014, 06:25 PM
newdodgechic

it doesnt have a fuel filter, is there anything else i can try?

Old 10-08-2014, 12:14 PM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by newdodgechic
it doesnt have a fuel filter, is there anything else i can try?
It does, it's just part of the pump.

I hate to say this but taking it to the dealer for a diagnostic may be your best bet to isolate what's really causing the issues.

Quick Reply: in desperate need