2nd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Traded in my 2004 Dakota

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 08:52 PM
04crewcabsport
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traded in my 2004 Dakota

Well, the day has come. I traded-in my beloved 2004 Dakota (SLT Sport Plus) this week. It was time to move on and pick up our next ride. My Dodge was my first Non-GM vehicle; and I didn't know what to expect with it. But, I can tell you that this Dakota was so reliable. I commuted about 60 miles a day, & it was my weekend mule for hauling & other duties. I felt that the truck was dang near flawless. (I mainly had routine maintenance, but other than that, not one breakdown in 133,000 miles.)

I wish that there was still a Dakota to purchase new. I would have been back for a new one. Let's all hope that Ram brings to market a Dakota replacement soon. When I was shopping for a new vehicle, I did seriously look at the Tacoma. That truck was nice, but I couldn't close the deal. I traded the Dakota for a '14 Grand Cherokee Laredo.

About this site: All I can say is how helpful this site has been. I have learned lots about my truck through the years. Great information is passed from owner to owner.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:57 PM
00DakDan
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Enjoy the new GC.

Good luck!

I moved your thread into "general discussions."

Old 08-18-2013, 02:15 PM
Robbadodge
Veteran

Good luck and take care!

Old 08-19-2013, 10:56 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Post up pics of the new jeep. My mom has been off and on looking at the new GC. How do you like it? Her 04 GC has been great with very little problems(rear wiper motor and governor pressure solenoid in the tranny) Those are the 2 biggest problems. Kinda wish the straight axles would still be offered tho

Old 08-20-2013, 09:35 PM
04crewcabsport
Amateur

Here is our new Jeep. It's a 2014 Laredo Package 23E, with options: offroad group, & trailer tow group. Color is Granite Crystal. (We ordered it just the way we wanted it.)

This Jeep will have good company in the garage along with my 2007 Rubi. (We are taking the new GC to Bantam next year to see what she can do.)

Glad to hear people have good luck with their GC's. We plan to keep this one for many years.

I'd like to see Ram offer a Dakota replacement. I'd pick one up if it's a good truck.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
photo.jpg (42.0 KB, 34 views)

Quick Reply: Traded in my 2004 Dakota