2nd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Bovine 1, Dakota 0

Old 07-21-2013, 02:42 AM
Toad's Ride
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Bovine 1, Dakota 0

Everyone here remember that line the Robbie Coltrane's character from The World is Not Enough said just after his caviar factory fell apart, "The insurance company is never going to believe this... ". Well Friday morning, I had such an occurrence. Driving home from my shift I had 4 cows ram into the side of my Dakota. I was going about 45 k in a 50 zone because of cars parked on the roadside coming up to the spot were mostly voly firefighters from my local station. They came flying out of a blind driveway, so I had little time to do much of anything aside brake and turn left away from the cattle.
The damage is minor but enveloping:

- the passenger fender is a writeoff
- the windshield is cracked (circular impact)
- thee passenger door is missing the mirror and is caved in a bit with a cracked door handle but will open and the window (that maybe scratched due to the mirror coming off and rubbing against it ) cranks
- the aft cab panel is dented
- the box on the passenger side is all dented up going all the way back to the tail light.

The cows suffered no damage as far as I could see as I was helping the vff's wrangle them up as they were short handed.

So it up to insurance if they don't total it out. we'll see......

and to answer anyone question, yes the insurance broker did chuckle when I told them what happened, so the quote I think was appropriate.

i'll post pics monday or tuesday.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bovine 1, Dakota 0