2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

I have autocrossed

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 07:09 AM
PowerR/T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have autocrossed

So i got up this morning thinking the day would go one of two ways. The first option would be , that i would go out there and fraking kill some spectators ,maybe a few cones and a flagman. And, the other one, that they would just not let me get in.

So i did alright but i did not have the pep that i wanted out there.I tried three different styles of driving, the concervative , the agressive and the drifting drunken turkey. The truck handled great in all types of driving . Kinda like the movies when the cars fly around corners sidewayz and in full control.

I have a friend that has been doing the auto xing for a while and he was like "sure come on down what could it hurt".But later he said that he thaught that it would do horribly on the track.

I was nervouse as hell and the helmet didn't help. But needless to say I tore the the crap outta the track. I kicked the two nissan 350z butts and it was only my first run.After blowing up a couple of cameros ,and one corvette i was happy to be the only truck out there and representing for all of dodge owners everywhere.

IfI have one thing to say thoughtI didn't get up to speed as fast as most of them " them being the cars"

I need gears and I think with the experience i had,most of the time that is getting added on is because of the slow to get up to speed.I may never make that truck handle any better but if i can get up to speed fast then i'll whip the honda 's / acura's into a japanese anger fest , full of burnt rice and bad cat...

Old 05-27-2007, 12:29 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: I have autocrossed

having the r/t you have upgraded suspension and being the truck is nose heavy it will dig into the turns the way it is suppose too. but thats cool being able to go out on the track with the ricers.

Old 05-27-2007, 05:24 PM
98R/TDak
Professional

haha yea good job, but i think if u go with the 4.10 gears or whatevers higher i hear you basically have to learn how to drive all over again because it just lets the back end fly when punching it thru corners do u have any engine mods at all? i have an R/T as well and im lookin for some nice engine mods to do to it

Old 06-06-2007, 04:26 AM
boohoops
Professional

so wut mods do u hav on the truck or is it bone stock? i wanna auto x mine so im lookin around an keepin my otpions open

Quick Reply: I have autocrossed