2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

replacing 2000 quad fuel pump

Old 01-03-2004, 05:12 PM
fredhonda
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing 2000 quad fuel pump

Instructions for replacing electric fuel pump for 2000 dodge dakota quad cab, 5.9L, 22 gal tank, 4x4, automatic. just went through this. did as an 'at-home' repair, so sequence might be different from what the pro's do. ihaven't found this on internet, so hope this helps others. 0-remove skid plate and other interfering stuff. 1-figure out how to drain the gas tank [takes long time-hours if you do it by gravity siphoning; if have access to small electric or manual gasoline-rated pump, then can shorten time considerably].2-Remove left rear wheel. 3-remove lower inner fender well. 4-remove filler tube and vent. 5-disconnect wiring at special connector [right under the filler tube on frame].Fuel pump connector is about 1 to 1.5 feet from the connectors on top of the fuel pump assembly, and is ON the frame. Pry off to remove. The lock for the connector is reddish-orange in color. Remove this lock piece first, then can separate the connection.[When reassembling, put the red locking piece in First, before reconnecting the pump and harness.] 6-Remove the fuel line connection [expand the end of the connector, then pull off. 7-Disconnect the vent tube at front of tank. 8-Remove or cut off retaining washers for gas tank mounting straps [Replace with 10mm nut when reassembling]. 9-Unscrew plastic ring cap and gasket on top of tank that holds fuel pump assembly. 10-Remove and replace fuel pump assembly. Orient same as original position. 11-For reassembly, reverse the above procedures.
</P>

</P>

</P>

Old 04-14-2014, 09:20 PM
Basadoni
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you

You are my hero right now. I have been fighting with my truck all day trying to figure out how to get that damn pump out

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: replacing 2000 quad fuel pump