2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

The Sea Foam cloud

Old 06-04-2007, 04:48 AM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The Sea Foam cloud

In WA they changed the law and apparently you don't have to sign the ticket anymore.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:54 AM
daddydwg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In CA, keep your eyes open. I had not had a ticket in 10 years. 36 years old, been through a '79 Mustang (POS), had 1 ticket for 90+ (actually I was doing 120mph, the Highway Patrol was nice to the idiot 19 year-old...My LAST ticket), an '81 Camaro V6 with HUGE meats on the back...no tickets, but cool looking rig. An ' 87 IROC Camaro...Just a pure awesome machine, and a beautiful car...but stolen because my GF at the time didn't lock the T-Tops. Stupid...woman...
Then a Chevy S-10 4X4 4-cylinder...pathetic, but fun. And then...........
A '90 Corvette Convertible...and nothing else compares. Good god, drive a Vette. A true machine. Then I got married and lost my Vette...uh...it's not a family car.
I've had the best...Yet I LOVE MY TRUCK! My new bitch...the family oriented 03 Dak Quad-Cab 4.7 auto. Hauls my wife and three kids, sounds like a purring demon, and makes me say, "Holy crap, a truck can do this!?!"
I love this truck...engine starts, I smile! 1 point on license...it's all good.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:32 AM
Razorhorn
Rookie

Daddydwg - did you notice an improvement in your engine performance e.g. idle, accelration, gas mileage after using this sea foam?

Old 06-04-2007, 04:58 PM
daddydwg

I'm a little bit too sacred right now to see what it can REALLY do, but it does seem a little peppier, better throttle response, and smoother idle. Sea Foam is definitely worth it, and costs less than 10 bucks. I put some in my crankcase and fuel tank too. The previous owner of my truck managed to lose the air filter at some point. I had it in the shop about a month or two ago because my Central Timer Module took a crap, and they asked me, "Would you like an air filter also?" I was like, HUH!?! So I'm sure my top end was pretty dirty. It scares me just thinking about how long my baby may have been running with no air filter. The previous owner bought it brand new, but she really has no clue about cars. I'm just glad I got it before she destroyed it.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:42 AM
kcoop99
Rookie

Ok, soI am a little ignorant here. Where is the brake booster line? I should say, which one is it? Sorry to sound dumb, but thanks guys.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:46 AM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the rubber hose that goes from the intake manifold to the brake booster.. should have 1 more hose comming out of it, the big hose is the one u pour the seafoam into

Old 06-07-2007, 04:02 AM
varsis
Record Breaker

Look in the manual, It runs from the big round thing to the side of your engine it's a fair size, just dump slowly than do a quick dump is what I did. I took the brake booster off than started it and it allowed my truck to idle a little bit higher, this way I poured it in myself. It seems to be running good now, I added some to the crank hopefully I didn't have any sludge building up. The engine has 125k miles approx. So I will be changing the oil soon, but going to do synthetic after this. I will also be adding a new high flow cat, which should be me some preformance gains on my v6 especially in the low end, no power there. Maybe I will buy a dual exhaust out soon too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Sea Foam cloud