2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

What exhaust setup would be louder?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 06:09 PM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should be over in the first gen ram forums dude. granted its all the same though.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:02 AM
bpark8824
Champion

Originally Posted by rtdakota2001
all this 'loud' talk...... loud is not always good. i switched from a straight pipe, to a cherry bomb, to a hooker max flow. i love the lower resonance of the hooker, its nice and quiet at idle but when i get on it, watch out. im also driving from chicago to nebraska and back all the time for school and the sound of straight pipes almost made me pull my hair out over the course of an 8 hour one way drive. i actually blew out my two rear speakers because i would always have my music cranked to drone out the exhaust. do what you will, i know plenty of LS1 guys who love their straight pipes, to each his own. just my .02.
So its ok on the highway? I want to get an exhaust next time I go home from school, but the one thing I don't want is it to be annoying on the 4 hour drive I make all the time. I want to be able to hear my music with out blasting it, but also I want the exhaust to sound good. Is that basically what you have w/ the hookers?

Old 02-05-2009, 09:08 PM
big.bryant
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah thats what mine sounds like also... granted i have 3.55s which keep the rpms down but on a highway cruise up to about 95mph its not too bad.

get something that when you get on it it makes you smile but isn't so rediculous that you get pulled over for it at a stoplight...

Old 02-05-2009, 09:42 PM
rtdakota2001
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by bpark8824
So its ok on the highway? I want to get an exhaust next time I go home from school, but the one thing I don't want is it to be annoying on the 4 hour drive I make all the time. I want to be able to hear my music with out blasting it, but also I want the exhaust to sound good. Is that basically what you have w/ the hookers?
yeah mines great. the max flows take a good while to break in tho, mine took about 6 weeks. i don't really know why but whatever. yea, i like them because they are not raspy in any sense of the word. they are more than reasonable on long road trips crusin at 75 and i never think ;wow i wish this was quieter'. all in all i love them.

Quick Reply: What exhaust setup would be louder?