DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Dakota Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-dakota-tech-67/)
-   -   flowmaster VS Magnaflow (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-dakota-tech/18760-flowmaster-vs-magnaflow.html)

Candakota02 02-13-2007 02:58 PM

RE: flowmaster VS Magnaflow

I have a CAI, looking at a Throttle Body Spacer, now a new exhaust. If I go with a Magnaflow or Flowmaster, is it legal in Canada to have a system like this. I know we have different emissions regulations than my Southern friends.

Thx Eh.

Chris 02-13-2007 03:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Candakota02

looking at a Throttle Body Spacer
The only thing you will be looking at is wasting your money. Please do a search on "throttle body spacers" or "tb spacers" and you will find everything you need

Chris 02-13-2007 03:34 PM

Oh, and by the way, flowmaster. With the great sound and versatility of their products, they can't be beat.

Candakota02 02-13-2007 05:59 PM

Thanks, no TBS for me....

Any idea about emissions up here though??

jonnymagnum 02-13-2007 06:02 PM

you can do anything to your exhaust (with in reason) aslong as you have a cat.

where in canada are you located. the laws are different everywhere you go.

DakotaMan 02-13-2007 09:58 PM

I love Flowmaster...but i decided to go with something a little different becasue i had to get new exhaust on the 4.7 recentlyso i decided to go with glasspacks this timeand i like it actually but they sounds like sh*t on the v6...i like the really raspyness it gives that most ppl dont like lol soo i like them both glasspacks and FM 40's

Candakota02 02-14-2007 12:59 PM

I'm in Niagara Falls, I was just concerned about our emissions testing and if there were any problems with custom exhausts.
I can do the work myself, what is the most cost efficient way of getting the parts??

jonnymagnum 02-14-2007 01:33 PM

I bought my all my stuff and took it to a guy that does exhaust work on the side and he bent me up all new stainless pipes.

I would not go to a big name store like muffler man and midas. they tend to rip you off. I would look for a smaller buisness. I found out about the guy that did mine from acouple people at a car show. the guy mostly works on hotrods. and he does really good work.

and emission testing is no big deal for an aftermarket exhuast.

Rakaric 02-14-2007 03:23 PM

I bought the entire catback from ebay, and they fit perfectly. But you need to do do teh cutting yourself. It's not perfect, but it does bend at the right places.

boohoops 03-11-2007 03:54 AM

u should also consider borla. they sound awsome or even spintech. as for sound from flows, the 70 series has better flow than the 50s but r quieter (correct me if im wrong). arent 40s the loudest?i think it has something to do with the mufflers length. i hav a 30 series flow on my truck, but its too quiet for me. i wanna get th 50series or a borla setup. i hav nothin against magnaflow, its just the guy at the muffler shop sells borlas and flows and special orders the magnas. however, somone told me that flowmasters steal a little bit of hp, which i doubt. i would go with FLOWMASTERS