DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Dakota Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-dakota-tech-67/)
-   -   Washed the truck, now P0123 code. Runs like crap. (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-dakota-tech/192343-washed-the-truck-now-p0123-code-runs-like-crap.html)

magnethead 03-13-2009 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by wink2873 (Post 1577648)
not sure how a car wash could cause the TPS thing, but i know what your problem is bpark, you got moisture in the CTM. the CTM controls all those things you just said. my friend's 02 4.7 would do the same thing when it rained heavily. eventually after the stuff dried out it would all work again, but one day it happened and the stuff never worked again so he ended up having to get the CTM replaced.

it wasn't the OP's problem, but anytime it rains my truck goes bonkers till it dries out. Answers my question!

wink2873 03-14-2009 06:16 AM

im always right. anyone who disagrees is wrong.

ryker 03-22-2009 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by magnethead (Post 1587057)
it wasn't the OP's problem, but anytime it rains my truck goes bonkers till it dries out. Answers my question!

Grounding points.

Your engine has many different parts, wires, relays etc etc. But often they merge together at a common grounding point. A slight amout of corrosion or moisture can screw them up.

BrandonT 04-11-2011 08:28 PM

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but it addresses a problem I'm having right now. Lately my truck is shifting strange, between 40-60mph it wanted to come out of OD. Today it downshifted to second on the highway and the check engine light came on. Checked the code P0121, and bought a new TPS from Borg Warner. First question: given the warning in this thread about not using non-OEM (the store didn't have Delphi) is the BW a quality unit? Second question: It seems the TPS is most commonly the problem, but there is also another sensor called an APPS? Third question: what is the CTM mentioned a few post back (not related to my current problem, but may answer an issue I had a year ago when it rained for like 2 weeks straight)?

BrandonT 04-13-2011 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by BrandonT (Post 2475736)
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but it addresses a problem I'm having right now. Lately my truck is shifting strange, between 40-60mph it wanted to come out of OD. Today it downshifted to second on the highway and the check engine light came on. Checked the code P0121, and bought a new TPS from Borg Warner. First question: given the warning in this thread about not using non-OEM (the store didn't have Delphi) is the BW a quality unit? Second question: It seems the TPS is most commonly the problem, but there is also another sensor called an APPS? Third question: what is the CTM mentioned a few post back (not related to my current problem, but may answer an issue I had a year ago when it rained for like 2 weeks straight)?

Anyone?

dasbus 04-13-2011 11:44 PM

I'm not sure about the Borg Warner TPS's, but since my TPS was replaced a couple years ago I've had no issues with my truck.

When the original TPS went out it would cut out, I didn't have any shifting issues. Only the lousy Chinese TPS flaked out when it got wet.

I'm not sure how help this is, just my experience.