DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Dakota Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-dakota-tech-67/)
-   -   Rain water on driver's floor (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-dakota-tech/222045-rain-water-on-drivers-floor.html)

984x4 11-21-2009 09:22 AM

Rain water on driver's floor

Only when we get an extended -3 to 4 days of light rain/drizzle. Did find a gasket/weatherstrip that seals the hood to the cowl, glued it back in place.
I can't see how that it would keep out water after an extended rainy period.
Anybody know if this is common to the Gen 2 Dakotas and what's the fix?

mightyminder 11-21-2009 10:50 AM

Mine is leaking on the passenger's side. Still have not found where. The floor is always moist, which is annoying.

tamcnally 11-21-2009 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by mightyminder (Post 1882241)
Mine is leaking on the passenger's side. Still have not found where. The floor is always moist, which is annoying.

does it only happen when you run the AC?

Jdb107 11-21-2009 12:34 PM

my floor has been wet for months, i just vacuum the **** out of it a lot
its directly under where you would rest your feet if you were sitting like a passenger in the drivers seat, with your feet 8-12" back from the gas pedal, about 1sq ft is wet

tamcnally 11-21-2009 12:45 PM

thats because of the way the a/c evap drain is. if it on the passengers side. you need to take the carpet out and put black silicone sealer around where the drain goes through the firewall. and at the same time run a coat hanger up in from the engine compartment and make sure its not plugged up.

984x4 11-21-2009 05:04 PM

The AC Evap rain is clear and draining onto the ground, where it should. It sounds like this is a universal problem with the Daks. I intend to pull the cowl vent off and see if there is any drain that is plugged, which I really think the problem is. When we get a lot of rain around here, the cowl will fill up to a point where it will find a route into the cab, instead of draining out where it should.

Have been running it on defrost to try to remove excess humidity and it is draining out the bottom, onto the ground, like I said.

The area and size described above are in line with my problem.

When I get it remedied, I will post what I found.

Thanks for the input.

Independentfool 11-21-2009 11:39 PM

i have seen on many different cars, there is weatherstripping under the cowl that keeps water from entering into the blower. that piece becomes dislodged and water enters the blower casing and dumps thru the floor vents.
silicon the weatherstripping back on an voila.
this is a very common problem on 97+ W-bodies.

984x4 11-22-2009 12:05 PM

Mine was missing on the driver's side- found it in the engine compartment and re-glued it. Havent had rain since, so maybe I found the culprit.

Next on the agenda is to fix driver's power seat. Found some broken plastic pieces and seat doesn't move.

dodgeramguy85 11-23-2009 12:01 AM

Yeah mine is leaking from the cowl cause no water will come in until i turn the fan on.