2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Replace frt brake lines with s. steel braided

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Bassmickster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replace frt brake lines with s. steel braided

Looking to replace my spongy rubber brake lines with braided s.steel lines, but nobody seems to sell "the kit". (`02 Dalota SXT) So, I'm thinking of just getting 30" lines and running them myself. Trouble is the stock ones go from solid steel to rubber, then through a solid bolt on link, then rubber, then back to steel at the caliper--no wonder they balloon out when I brake hard. Is there any problem with routing these lines myself taking care that they don't chafe on suspension along the way?

Old 10-18-2010, 08:54 PM
Bassmickster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

N o b o d y out there has done this upgrade? Someone must have some words of advice before I tear into my brake lines. It seems like a win -win plan. Anyone?

Old 10-18-2010, 09:12 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just did new rubber brake lines from autozone never had a problem with them. I dont know how long it is after the steel line on the frame but get a measurement then look around for that size best bet will prob be for a jeep of some sort wrangler,cherokee,grand cherokee maybe a cj. Did you try looking at something made for rams might be the same.

Quick Reply: Replace frt brake lines with s. steel braided