2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Dakota Sport 2001 wire speaker + or -

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 09:14 PM
DonMike
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dakota Sport 2001 wire speaker + or -

Hello friends!! i have a Dakota Sport Single Cab 2001, manual, and i decided install a new speakers (the old infinity sound very bad) but i need know what cable is + and -
Left Side
Green with a little light green line
Green with a little violet line

and the Right side is the same than left

Green with a little light green line
Green with a little violet line

Does any know what is + and - ??? Thanks to everyone!!!

Old 12-21-2010, 09:32 PM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

The wires with the violet stripe are positive.

Jimmy

Old 12-21-2010, 09:48 PM
DonMike

Thanks my friend!!! That is the reason why don not sound good i put inverted the wires LOL!!! Thanks again...

Old 12-21-2010, 10:38 PM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker

YW. Glad to help out.

Jimmy

Old 12-22-2010, 10:56 PM
DonMike

Well I spend all my day trying to install a new cd player on mi Truck but never pass for mi mind that the infinity system is designed with an amplifier. I disconnect the oem cd player but i could not find the wire who connect the cd player with the speaker until i disarm the right feet panel an i saw the amplifier and the same color wires in the terminal of the cd player... Any way i decide leave the oem cd player just install a new 6 1/2 Rockford Fosgate speakers on doors, can some one tell me what size is the rear speaker on my truck? is a regular cab (single cab) they are located back to the set on the side and how many ohms? i think all speakers are 4 ohms or not?? Thanks for your help and if some one can recommend me how take of the amp!!

Old 12-23-2010, 12:04 AM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker

Rears in an 01 single cab are a 5 1/4" round speaker. Pretty much any brand of 5 1/4" speaker will work fine. Most all aftermarket full range speakers are 4-ohm. The factory rear speakers I believe are 4 ohm, you can check them with a volt-ohm meter, just add a few tenths to what the meter reads. Like if it reads 3.6 ohm, you really have a 4 ohm load. The difference is caused by the inherent electrical resistance of the speaker's voice coil. Connecting a set of 4 ohm aftermarket speakers to the factory amplifier will work fine. It will sound much better than the old factory speakers, as long as you are using a good quality name brand speaker.

You might use the old original speaker as a template and cut out a mounting plate from 1/4" medium density fiberboard (mdf) to use as a mounting plate/adapter. It will help seal the speaker to the mounting hole better and can improve the sound. You can buy a 2 foot by 4 foot sheet of mdf at Home Depot for about 5 bucks here in the States, I'm not sure about prices in Mexico. You don't have to take that extra step, but it will help it sound better.

For the installation of your CD player, it will work with the factory amplifier, you just need to connect the blue/white wire on your CD player to the Green/Red factory amplifier remote-on wire in the factory radio harness. On some Dakota's the amplifier remote on wire is Green/Orange.

Jimmy

Old 12-23-2010, 04:00 AM
DonMike

To much thanks Jimmy for the help and the extra tips!!! I will try this tomorrow and I'm going to do the step of the mdf i like that... Thanks again!!

Miguel

Quick Reply: Dakota Sport 2001 wire speaker + or -