2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

03 Quad Passenger Windows

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 04:19 PM
markk96
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Quad Passenger Windows

Hey guys , on my 03 Quad Cab, my passenger window switches will only work about 10% of the time or less, I can lower the windows fine from the driverside switch.

It seems like when the right front window does not work, neither does the right rear, but when the front works, the rear works, so they are tied in together.

Where do I begin to check?

Old 10-28-2011, 02:16 PM
New 2 Dodge
Professional

Hey,
I had this problem. The problem is with the lockout switch on the driver's door. Basically it appears that you cannot unlock the windows so that the passengers can control their windows. Could be a loose connection - I took mine off (the assembly that has on the controls on it on the driver's door) and wiggled connections and put it back on and it has worked ever since. But I have NOT touched the window lock button for fear that it may screw it up again. Let me know if you need pics.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:32 PM
2000DakotaQuad
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem but I knew it wasnt the motor since they were all new. So I took off the drivers door panel and behold the electronics attached to the switches were lose and falling off

Old 10-29-2011, 06:42 PM
KGAWDTSi

Mine does the same thing. I just hit the driver door panel with my hand then the switches on the other doors works. I hardly ever have passengers in my truck so it really does not bother me that much though

Quick Reply: 03 Quad Passenger Windows