2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2nd gen dakota fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 09:31 AM
casper00
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd gen dakota fog lights

Hi everyone Im new to this forum but have looked at threads from it before. I have a 2000 quad cab 4x4 dakota. I have a problem with my fog lights and was wondering if anyone here could help me out. My dakota did have some walmart or cheap fog lights on it before in place of the stock ones and earlier this fall they went out and instead of messing with them i bought some stock replacements off ebay and also ordered some pigtails for the 899 bulb. Once i got everything I hooked them up an they worked great and then for some reason they started to flicker off and then come back on and finally went off. When i got to where i was goin i turned the lights off and then turned them back on and the fog lights worked again. I cut out the crimps and re did everything again and they were working great again until the other night they are doing the same thing again they will just start to flicker on and off until they go off completly and then will come back on and work good for a while. I have checked fuses and connections and even made sure the wires were good but cant seem to figure out what the deal is.. If anyone has any ideas of what it may be id appriciate the help thanks

(when they flicker it is both not just one )

Old 11-12-2011, 11:02 AM
PonchoRob
Professional

Swap out the relay for the fog lights and see if that works , if not , then only other thing i can think of is the fog light switch could be going bad ?

Old 11-12-2011, 12:11 PM
casper00

Do you know off the top of your head where the fog light relay is located ?

Old 11-12-2011, 12:17 PM
00DakDan
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

If it uses the factory wiring, your fog light relay is in the power distribution center under the hood.

Quick Reply: 2nd gen dakota fog lights