2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

My Hood is out of wack need help please?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 11:40 AM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Exclamation My Hood is out of wack need help please?

Has anyone had this problem and if so how do you fix it?

My problem is my Hood pops up on the back not much but it shows if you push down it just pops back up so my hinges are not keeping my hood pulled down snug in the back.

Took it to an auto body shop they wanted $60 to fix it but couldn’t guarantee it could be fixed said hinges needed adjusting said my plastic vent were the windshield wiper’s come out of needed removing to do it.

But I worry that if they take it off what they may break doing this looks like my wiper’s will need to be removed then the plastic cover under them then some pop rivet’s that may break.

So is it worth trying this or leave it alone and deal with the hood popping up a small amount in the back?

Old 12-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Xxaler
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark off your current bolts positions, crack them loose and slide it down a bit.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:11 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah I think you just need to readjust it. I know after my accident my hood has that much gap in it.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:24 PM
Rakaric
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I believe 2 bolts are visible in the engine bay and at least 1 bolt is under the cowl in which has to come off. I have to do a minor adjustment with mine, but meh...don't feel like taking things off =P

Quick Reply: My Hood is out of wack need help please?