2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

re keying a door handle lock

Old 02-20-2012, 06:15 PM
mgaither0
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default re keying a door handle lock

My po must have replace the passanger side door handle and its just a pain in the *** when I go to open the passanger side door and then have to go around and open the passanger side from the inside of the truck ghetto style. How would I go about removing the door handle and rekeying it? any help would be awesome. Especially any links on how to rekey and or how to remove the lock. thanks.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:01 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Lightbulb key shop

I think any good key shop could fix that for you or buy two new same lock cylinders and replace them all you do is pull off the door panel it’s not too hard to do look in the service manual it’s in there I think.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:19 PM
mgaither0
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i've pulled off the door panels before. I may even take it off in a few and take the handle off. Just I know before that sometimes the rod inside the door goes to a plastic piece and those pieces get broken taking the handle off. I'm trying to do it myself and not spend 75 bucks or more to have a shop rekey it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: re keying a door handle lock