2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

quick noob question

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 06:02 PM
tehzohan44
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick noob question

what is the metal folded crease below the doors, where you use the jack called? srry for my sloppy ms paint artwork and no its not my truck
untitled.jpg

Old 04-13-2012, 07:43 PM
dirtbiker
Captain

If that's pointing to where I think it is, that would be the cab pinch. Not sure if that's the technical term, but don't jack it from there, it'll just bend. Jack from the frame or some other solid place... If in front, jack under axle. Never anywhere on the actual body though.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:59 PM
tehzohan44
Amateur

Originally Posted by dirtbiker
If that's pointing to where I think it is, that would be the cab pinch. Not sure if that's the technical term, but don't jack it from there, it'll just bend. Jack from the frame or some other solid place... If in front, jack under axle. Never anywhere on the actual body though.
ya thats what im talking about, couldnt think of what to call it and i remember, on my uncles ram 1500 the manual says to jack on there

Old 04-13-2012, 08:03 PM
dirtbiker
Captain

It's probably pointing to the frame rail. Jacking it from the cab pinch on any truck would be a pretty bad idea, unless you're looking to do some body work afterwords lol

Old 04-13-2012, 08:17 PM
tehzohan44
Amateur

It's probably pointing to the frame rail. Jacking it from the cab pinch on any truck would be a pretty bad idea, unless you're looking to do some body work afterwords lol
ahh then im pointing to the frame rail haha

Untitled-1-2.pngUntitled-1-1.png

Old 04-13-2012, 09:01 PM
dirtbiker
Captain

yeah, definitely frame rail. One of my buddies called me once when he had a flat and asked why his car wasn't moving up as he was jacking it... I showed up and he was jacking on the body (CRUNCH CRUNCH) lol. I moved the jack over to the frame and then it was all good. Now he's got a nice big dent on the underside of the body lol.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:12 PM
tehzohan44
Amateur

yeah, definitely frame rail. One of my buddies called me once when he had a flat and asked why his car wasn't moving up as he was jacking it... I showed up and he was jacking on the body (CRUNCH CRUNCH) lol. I moved the jack over to the frame and then it was all good. Now he's got a nice big dent on the underside of the body lol.
hahahahah ok then ya im talking about the frame rail, i know better then to jack on the body hah but i wanted to know cuz on alot of the trucks im looking at there a lil bit of rust by the frame rail and i couldnt figure out what to call the damn thing

Old 04-13-2012, 09:28 PM
dirtbiker
Captain

I got ya. Well good luck, I'm sure you'll find something nice.

Quick Reply: quick noob question