2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Had an accident, but I didn't.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 09:24 AM
00DakDan
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

What was the ticket for? If it was related to the "accident" it shouldn't matter.

Again, the cop didn't see anything. You had prior damage to your vehicle, not from an accident. That's why the pictures are so important. You need to establish that this damage did not relate to the "accident." Once that's done, no ticket!

Old 04-23-2012, 12:42 PM
dirtbiker
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00DakDan
What was the ticket for? If it was related to the "accident" it shouldn't matter.

Again, the cop didn't see anything. You had prior damage to your vehicle, not from an accident. That's why the pictures are so important. You need to establish that this damage did not relate to the "accident." Once that's done, no ticket!
Ticket for failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident... Like I said it's more the insurance aspect of the whole thing that I'm concerned about. I think that her claim will probably get denied since there's no damage on hers, but am afraid my rates will still go up anyway.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:14 PM
00DakDan
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

If you didn't hit her, there was no accident, so the ticket is void.

If no ticket and no accident then don't worry about the insurance. You're being scammed.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:07 PM
Brian_
Captain

i read this while i was at school the other day. just getting around to reply now but that is complete bull****, i would have went off on her if she had accused me of hitting her. better yet thats when she says she calls the cops and your like see ya.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:52 PM
dirtbiker
Captain

Originally Posted by Brian_
i read this while i was at school the other day. just getting around to reply now but that is complete bull****, i would have went off on her if she had accused me of hitting her. better yet thats when she says she calls the cops and your like see ya.
Yeah, I was like too shocked or something that she was accusing me of hitting her and calling the cop to think what to do or say. I didn't say much to her at all, she was the one flipping out. I pretty much just sat in my truck. And like I said, I am still holding that I got a ticket because I'm a young buck with a pre damaged truck. An easy ticket to write for the cop, an easy target for this nasty woman to try and make money off of. Hopefully what comes around goes around.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:58 PM
macgollabhride
Professional

Bottom line; since the cop wasn't there to witness what the woman is calling an accident, it's your word against hers. The one thing to worry about though, is being discriminated against since you are under 25. Just keep your wits about you, stay calm and hopefully you can make her look like an idiot if she loses her composure and shows her true colors: a scum-bag crook.
Either way, FIGHT IT! It totally sounds like she was trying to bait you into hitting her. With this kinda garbage happening more often, you should be in a good position to have this all looked at closer by the powers that be. Though, Fraud of not, you may be opening up a can of worms if you try to go after her. Your family lawyer can better suggest what to do there.
It is a shame that you didn't get any pictures but at least the cop was able to look at her bumper.

I really hope if works out for you man. Best of luck.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:28 PM
a2z

The only ones who make out on lawsuits & courts are the liars & the courts~!
I doubt your bumper was low enough to hit her hitch?
Karma will get her when she least expects it. I've seen karma happen almost instantaneously. Firm believer in it.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:33 AM
00DakDan
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

A2Z is on to something.

Get a tape measure and find a car like this womans. Take a picture of the hitch with the tape measure next to it so you can establish the height.

Then do the same with your truck.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:31 AM
dirtbiker
Captain

Originally Posted by macgollabhride
Bottom line; since the cop wasn't there to witness what the woman is calling an accident, it's your word against hers. The one thing to worry about though, is being discriminated against since you are under 25. Just keep your wits about you, stay calm and hopefully you can make her look like an idiot if she loses her composure and shows her true colors: a scum-bag crook.
Either way, FIGHT IT! It totally sounds like she was trying to bait you into hitting her. With this kinda garbage happening more often, you should be in a good position to have this all looked at closer by the powers that be. Though, Fraud of not, you may be opening up a can of worms if you try to go after her. Your family lawyer can better suggest what to do there.
It is a shame that you didn't get any pictures but at least the cop was able to look at her bumper.

I really hope if works out for you man. Best of luck.
Thanks a lot man. I do have lots of pictures, I took like 18 of her bumper to show how flawless it is, and a few of mine. I already have lots of pics of my truck, and am sure that you can see the damage in a few of them. Also, I have like 7 or 8 witnesses who are willing to testify that the damage was already there.

Originally Posted by a2z
The only ones who make out on lawsuits & courts are the liars & the courts~!
I doubt your bumper was low enough to hit her hitch?
Karma will get her when she least expects it. I've seen karma happen almost instantaneously. Firm believer in it.
Originally Posted by 00DakDan
A2Z is on to something.

Get a tape measure and find a car like this womans. Take a picture of the hitch with the tape measure next to it so you can establish the height.

Then do the same with your truck.
Yeah, my insurance company is supposed to go and measure hers and then come measure mine and take pictures. And if she went and scratched up her bumper on purpose, I have the pictures to prove that it wasn't scratched when I supposedly "hit" her. My damage is way off to the side, by the fog light void, and towards the bottom. I'm kicking myself now for not thinking of it when the cop was there, but I had already drilled holes in the cracks so they wouldn't spread. I wish I would've remembered that.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:29 PM
macgollabhride
Professional

Thanks a lot man. I do have lots of pictures, I took like 18 of her bumper to show how flawless it is, and a few of mine. I already have lots of pics of my truck, and am sure that you can see the damage in a few of them. Also, I have like 7 or 8 witnesses who are willing to testify that the damage was already there.
You should be in good shape - you did all that you can to cover your butt. The fact that you have witnesses is going to make a world of difference also. You should keep a few Pre "Accident" pictures of your truck handy to further prove that there was no damage incurred from this incident.
Keep us up to date and again, best of luck to you!

Quick Reply: Had an accident, but I didn't.