2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Dakota Security- Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 02:57 PM
rantanschild
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Dakota Security- Won't Start

1997 Dodge Dakota Sport. Here's what happened. I had a good running truck. Someone broke into it wrecked the steering column. Then someone smacked into the entire drivers side. Replaced the column, battery was dead. Replaced battery, truck still won't start. I have the regular black keys and two button fob. OEM security. I turn the key I here a light thump on the drivers side under hood, then nothing. Security light stays on a few seconds then flashes then off. Set off the alarm by opening door and disarmed it with fob. Still nothing. Can't disarm with door or ignition.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:19 AM
jcriddle

Does the truck turn over?
Does it have spark?
What are the dash codes?

with the key off press and hold the odometer button then turn the key on while holding the button. It will give you some codes that will be helpful for all.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:27 PM
rantanschild

No spark nothing, except for that light thump I get nothing. Tried holding the odometer both on dash and overhead no lights no numbers. Will try again.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:17 PM
rantanschild

No codes overhead odometer blank, dash odometer blank, no radio. Ignition will ding if the door is open with key in. Alarm sounds. Radio will show time if I push teh button. Outside and interior lights work. Basically none of the features, that come on when truck is on, work. I turn the key just that light thump then the security light on dash..

Quick Reply: Dakota Security- Won't Start