2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

My Dodge Dakota 99 need help bad

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 07:35 PM
bromfield31
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Dodge Dakota 99 need help bad

Hello I need help bad i have a 99 Dodge Dakota I went to the store and when I came out it would not start. I got Diff battery and put it in and it still would not start. So I had the starter tested and it was good so i put it back in and i got lights and radio .But it will not start and I changed the starter relay and still don't start please help me i need the truck to get to my doctors please thanks skip.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:51 PM
kingr00
Amateur

When it doesn't start, what does it do? Does it turn over but not fire, does it just click, etc.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:19 PM
RollerRed
Veteran

Yea, gonna need more info on this one. I just got done replacing my starter because when I tried to start my truck it would just Click really loud one time and just sit there. Lights were still on, radio still worked but didn't turn over. On my old Durango(98 5.9L) I had a no start one winter but the lights would shut off and would get a single loud click and everything would just go dark--quick battery terminal cleaning and she started right up. It all depends on what is going on.
I had my starter tested right before it died. It passed (this is going off of their "hook up to the batter" tester at autozone) the next day it died on me. Funny thing is when they hooked it up to their machince it "passed" because the plunger engaged but it didn't spin every time so I just replaced it.
If you need help removing the starter let me know, I can give you some helpfull hints on how to get that sucker out of their!

Quick Reply: My Dodge Dakota 99 need help bad