DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Dakota Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-dakota-tech-67/)
-   -   New Tires any suggestions (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-dakota-tech/363591-new-tires-any-suggestions.html)

98DAKAZ 09-29-2013 01:43 PM

New Tires any suggestions

I will need new Tires next year

I’m a city street driver mostly and 2WD looking for some great all-season tires for the Dak thinking about some Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S tires.

Tires I need 235/75R 15 or possibly 225/75R 15 around 28/29 in height with around a 50K or higher life

Looking for a smooth quiet ride no tires that go RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR down the road

Any Good suggestions

01SilverCC 09-29-2013 02:55 PM

I put Firestone Destination LE2's on my truck back in July, could not be happier with them. 235/75R15. Real quiet, super smooth ride, very comfortable and my MPG went up too. Great tire and they had a $50.00 gift card rebate too. I paid about $500.00 mounted, balanced, out the door, $450.00 if you count the rebate. These are the second generation of the earlier LE, they are much better than the first generation and they have a different tread pattern and rubber compound. They run great in the rain and on dry roads too. Super traction. I don't go off road. The LE is a great street tire, I have heard it is the best selling truck tire in the USA right now.

Jimmy

Tom A 09-29-2013 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by 01SilverCC (Post 3081572)
I put Firestone Destination LE2's on my truck back in July, could not be happier with them. 235/75R15. Real quiet, super smooth ride, very comfortable and my MPG went up too. Great tire and they had a $50.00 gift card rebate too. I paid about $500.00 mounted, balanced, out the door, $450.00 if you count the rebate. These are the second generation of the earlier LE, they are much better than the first generation and they have a different tread pattern and rubber compound. They run great in the rain and on dry roads too. Super traction. I don't go off road. The LE is a great street tire, I have heard it is the best selling truck tire in the USA right now.

Jimmy

I'll agree with pretty much everything he said. We use them on lots of trucks at work (most of the 4x4s get Destination MTs) and they've been great.

magnethead 09-29-2013 06:57 PM

destination here as well

dodgeramguy85 09-29-2013 09:30 PM

Super swamper tsl's? lol I agree with the destination we also had good luck with uniroyal laredo cross country. Great tire wear and good traction in all conditions.

98DAKAZ 09-29-2013 10:27 PM

Thanks for the input guys

Any more suggestions?

No Goodyear, Yokahama or other?

I have a stiff suspension more so than stock that's for sure with KYB and Rancho shocks in place with all new front bushings Ball joints stiffer coil springs so on very solid front suspension.

Thanks again

01SilverCC 09-29-2013 11:01 PM

I had Yoko's on my first wife's Mustang years ago, they did fine and I am sure Geolandar's are fine nowadays too, I have no clue about the Geolandar, never used them before. I have never had much luck with Goodyear. My first Dakota was a 2000 SLT Club Cab, it had Goodyears on it from the factory, I think I had to replace them at 40,000 miles, maybe it was 50,000. They were OK but I think better tires can be had for the same or less money. My 2003 Ram had Goodyears on it too but I traded it in before it needed new tires, truck had maybe 30,000 miles on it at the time.

I like these Firestone Destination LE2's a lot. I had a set of the first gen LE, they did OK but got loud and rough riding around 42,000 miles. I bought some BFG Long Trail T/A's after that, they were cheap and did OK but had belt separation problems and also had slight cupping problems, the front tires were feathered a good bit. The alignment on my truck may have been to blame for that, but I never noticed any alignment problems myself. I had my truck aligned when I got these new LE2's, and paid extra for the lifetime alignment so I am covered if I ever do have alignment problems.

Jimmy

dodgeramguy85 09-29-2013 11:13 PM

Stay away from the crapyears. Never had good luck with them. Usually about 10k in they start to wear really fast and traction sucks. We had them on our 07 ram and 13k on them we ditched them!

magnethead 09-29-2013 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by dodgeramguy85 (Post 3081745)
Stay away from the crapyears. Never had good luck with them. Usually about 10k in they start to wear really fast and traction sucks. We had them on our 07 ram and 13k on them we ditched them!

this.

98DAKAZ 09-29-2013 11:52 PM

My Dakota came with Goodyear Invicta's and they were crap wore out fast but I have Goodyear Tracker 2's now from Wal-Mart that have been ok just not very good on wet roads they sucked but lasted me 5 years.

I think most OEM Tires on new cars are crap now so I don't judge by them they are never Quality tires.

Thanks again