2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

98 club cab tool tray removal

Old 10-24-2014, 03:09 AM
bmsma
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 club cab tool tray removal

am fixing to start audio in the next month or so, just wondering if anyone had done a full sound deadening and had pics of the bare floor in a CC, im wondering if its possible to remove the under seat tool tray completely. that way the options for a sub box go up exponentially.
looking at building a single 10 or 12 ported box with amp rack.

thanks
Troy

Old 10-28-2014, 10:58 PM
Tom A
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, it can be removed. I replaced mine with an MTX box with two 10" subs.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:06 PM
bmsma

thanks tom:

i looked at the mtx box but really wanted to keep my amp out from under the seat. so i ordered a qlogic q custom box for now, its just a single 8, using a JL w3, RF punch 400/4 power a set of focal components up front and then the sub on the rear channels bridged.

this is a long term play toy so ill eventually remove the tray and maybe the whole seat area and build a custom console and back box.

but thanks again man i do appreciate it

Old 10-29-2014, 08:08 PM
Tom A
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bmsma
thanks tom:

i looked at the mtx box but really wanted to keep my amp out from under the seat. so i ordered a qlogic q custom box for now, its just a single 8, using a JL w3, RF punch 400/4 power a set of focal components up front and then the sub on the rear channels bridged.

this is a long term play toy so ill eventually remove the tray and maybe the whole seat area and build a custom console and back box.

but thanks again man i do appreciate it
No problem. I'm not a huge fan of having the amps under the seats (where mine are) but as you already know, with the MTX box under the rear seat, there's absolutely no place else in the cab to put them.

Keep in mind that the back seats are supported by that tool tray, so whatever you put under there in its place needs to also support them if you want to still use them.

Good luck with it. Post pics when you're done.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:19 AM
bmsma

thanks man will do, i got most of everything on order today audio wise, well for stage one anyway,

and i got my power and ground wire in today for under the hood, all the battery cables and grounds need re-ran.

once i get that done and shocks, plugs and wires changed then ill start ripping out the interior for sound deadning and pre-wiring.

with working 40 plus a week i only get sat to work on her and thats depending on what else is going on.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:53 AM
magnethead
Legend
Received 152 Likes on 139 Posts

search under my name for my sub box build. Have a small amp under passenger seat (VB101PK) driving a 8" jensen between the jump seat and drivers seat.

Old 10-31-2014, 06:55 AM
bmsma

found the thread and not bad man,

i got get all my normal "used auto" maint done first, belts, hoses, plugs, shocks etc done first,

then to the first audio, have kenwood execlon HU im gonna re-use, just ordered the qcustom 8in box and jl w3 sub, will power the sub and a set of focal comps with a RF p400/4.

i use Kun Konceptz wire in all my audio build, excellent product and awesome service, and rammat for my sound deadening, another good product small company that understand service.

once the audio is tolerable then its onto suspension and handling, then exhaust and basic engine mods,

then the fun and "big dollers" will start, i have several ideas in my head about interior that will change a million times as i go along, but for the back im either going to remove the jump seat and build a custom side to side box with subs and amp rack or maybe just on the 60 seat side, thinking of 2 8's for punchy bass in a seal box and then a 10 or 12 in a ported for boomier bass,

then to true engine performance, body mods and paint,

this is going to be a longgggg term project, good chance ill never be done but ill have a good time along the way,

finally old enough the kids are out and stable and im in pre retirement mode

Old 11-11-2014, 07:22 PM
bmsma

Originally Posted by magnethead
search under my name for my sub box build. Have a small amp under passenger seat (VB101PK) driving a 8" jensen between the jump seat and drivers seat.

Mag:
trying to shoot you a pm but your inbox is full man

Troy

Old 11-11-2014, 07:29 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 152 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by bmsma
Mag:
trying to shoot you a pm but your inbox is full man

Troy
what can I say, I'm kinda in demand alot here. lol. Cleared out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 98 club cab tool tray removal