2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Clutch not fully disengaging

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 03:44 PM
Pbr42
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch not fully disengaging

I drive a 02 3.9L dakota with a 5 speed and just a day a go I drove to work as normal and tured my truck off and about 5 minutes later I had to run home so I started my truck it was already in 1st and as I took off when I came out of 1st I couldnt get my truck into any gear unless I mached the speed and gear just right and so I came to the conclusion that my clutch was not fully disengaged so I thought I might have got air in my line so I tryed to bleed it and found out that they come pre bleed so I had to get a whole new master slave clutch assembly and it didnt go away after instaling any thoughts of what else it could be

Old 08-29-2018, 03:56 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

My eyes! Please for the love of all mankind, add some punctuation and use a spell check. That is damn near impossible to read.

Old 08-29-2018, 10:39 PM
XSubaruJeepDude
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pbr42
I drive a 02 3.9L dakota with a 5 speed and just a day a go I drove to work as normal and tured my truck off and about 5 minutes later I had to run home so I started my truck it was already in 1st and as I took off when I came out of 1st I couldnt get my truck into any gear unless I mached the speed and gear just right and so I came to the conclusion that my clutch was not fully disengaged so I thought I might have got air in my line so I tryed to bleed it and found out that they come pre bleed so I had to get a whole new master slave clutch assembly and it didnt go away after instaling any thoughts of what else it could be
Pre Bleed? I mean, could there be air in the lines ?
It's also possible you may have worn or defective release lever in the pressure plate.
Is there an adjustment on the release fork?

Old 08-30-2018, 09:39 AM
00DakDan
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

There's no adjustment on the hydraulic clutch.

It's unlikely you got air into the system since it wasn't opened. If it did get air into it, you've got a problem anyways.

Unfortunately it sounds as if you're going to end up pulling the clutch. How many miles are on it?

Quick Reply: Clutch not fully disengaging