2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

04 Leveling kit for 2wd?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 03:12 AM
04DakQCV6
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Leveling kit for 2wd?

Anyone found a leveling kit for these trucks? Mine is a quad cab 2wd.. Everything I'm finding leaves out the 2004 model year for some reason, such as the Doetsch stuff and RC I've called directly and they confirmed they have no offerings. Best of my knowledge the suspension is that identical to the other 2nd Gens, correct me if I'm wrong there

Any insight to this is appreciated

Old 10-27-2018, 02:16 PM
tonypilot7
Professional
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The only difference that I am aware of is between 2002-2003 they changed to dual piston calipers up front. So you have different knuckles, calipers, and rotors on the 03-04s but I don't think there is any difference between the 03-04 years.

I think they are confusing the Dakotas with the Durangos which changed over to the new generation after 03.
I think the Doetch tech kit would probably work for you, but I would call them and explain the differences in changeover years. See if that is why they cut off after 03.

Old 10-27-2018, 09:56 PM
04DakQCV6

Originally Posted by tonypilot7
The only difference that I am aware of is between 2002-2003 they changed to dual piston calipers up front. So you have different knuckles, calipers, and rotors on the 03-04s but I don't think there is any difference between the 03-04 years.

I think they are confusing the Dakotas with the Durangos which changed over to the new generation after 03.
I think the Doetch tech kit would probably work for you, but I would call them and explain the differences in changeover years. See if that is why they cut off after 03.

Greatly appreciate the reply and insight, I didn't know about the changes made during that time so makes total sense to me why the hunt has been so hard for a simple front end leveling kit. I Welcome and accept your advise on that! I'll throw out a line to Doetsch about it on Monday, although, I WOULD prefer to go with Bilstein 4600 shocks if they only offer a puck and shock replacement to do the job

Old 10-28-2018, 12:39 AM
tonypilot7
Professional
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have spoken with Carol with Doetch about their 3" front 2" rear leveling lift kit and she confirmed that their replacement upper control arm is the same from 2002-2003 so I am sure it is the same for a 2004. She also said that I can buy the kit without the rear shackles since I already have 2" shackles installed.

They would probably sell the kit without shocks if you wanted to go with Bilsteins. If you are looking at the 2" front lift only, I think that kit consists of replacement coils and shocks, not just a puck.

I currently have 2" lift pucks installed on my fronts and I wouldn't recommend it. My front suspension is extremely stiff and starting to sag after a few years.

Last edited by tonypilot7; 10-28-2018 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-28-2018, 07:20 PM
04DakQCV6

Ok that's good to know, I'll give them a call on Monday and see if I can get the larger coil spring and try that with new Bilsteins (Figure it's time for new shocks anyway). Just wanting to match the front end up with the rear

Quick Reply: 04 Leveling kit for 2wd?