DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Dakota Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-dakota-tech-67/)
-   -   Attempted theft how to fix? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-dakota-tech/423868-attempted-theft-how-to-fix.html)

Unfitoutlaw 06-09-2019 11:18 PM

Attempted theft how to fix?

Hey guys I really need your help. Some crackhead tried to steal my 03 Dakota ( 4.7L). They ripped the ignition to rat **** and broke the transponder 2.

I tried to start the vehicle and it would start and run for about 5 seconds. After trying to start it several times It will no longer turn over at all. I thought the battery was dead so I charged it and still it wont turn over.

I am assuming that it has went into lock down mode???

Any help would be greatly appreciated

magnethead 06-10-2019 10:54 AM

Call the dealer. With broken transponder, it cant read your key...which is ultimately why you still have your truck. It did its job.

Unfitoutlaw 06-10-2019 11:08 AM

When I get the new transponder installed how do I reset the antitheft ?

magnethead 06-10-2019 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Unfitoutlaw (Post 3441916)
When I get the new transponder installed how do I reset the antitheft ?

Requires a dealer - they have to go through the same sequence as programming a new key in, for each key that you have, to my knowledge.

Unfitoutlaw 06-10-2019 06:38 PM

I purchase a used immobiliser, took out the circuit board and put my original circuit board in.. there should be no programming .
Anyone know how I reset the anti theft ?

jkeaton 06-10-2019 08:58 PM

As stated, requires the dealer.

Unfitoutlaw 06-10-2019 09:14 PM

Why is that ?
Special Scan tool ?

jkeaton 06-11-2019 12:15 PM

Yes. Special scan tool.

Unfitoutlaw 06-12-2019 12:29 AM

Just wanted to update everyone

I purchased a used immobiliser from the junk yard and removed the circuit board I then soldered in my circuit board, re pinned the pigtail as the methhead ripped the wires out of my pigtail , assembled the immobiliser in the vehicle and it fired up and runs great.

I never to this vehicle into the dealership. Maybe having the immobiliser out of the vehicle for ancouple of days caused it to reset it self ??

As long as my key is near the immobiliser it fires. When the vehicle starts I dont have to have my keys present .

Skreelink 06-12-2019 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Unfitoutlaw (Post 3442110)
Just wanted to update everyone

I purchased a used immobiliser from the junk yard and removed the circuit board I then soldered in my circuit board, re pinned the pigtail as the methhead ripped the wires out of my pigtail , assembled the immobiliser in the vehicle and it fired up and runs great.

I never to this vehicle into the dealership. Maybe having the immobiliser out of the vehicle for ancouple of days caused it to reset it self ??

As long as my key is near the immobiliser it fires. When the vehicle starts I dont have to have my keys present .

The fob matching codes should have been kept in the ctm, not the transponder itself. So no programming was required.