DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Dakota Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-dakota-tech-67/)
-   -   trouble codes...need help (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-dakota-tech/70445-trouble-codes-need-help.html)

vlg2k2 08-22-2006 01:16 AM

trouble codes...need help

my dokota runs like crap, no balls what so ever have to put in 2nd gear to get going...i scanned the truck and got two codes, one was the map sensor, which i replaced....still runs crappy, the second said something about too much govenor psi at idle or suttin'...i cant find any info about this??can anybody help....the next step is to replace plugs, and distrib. cap......hope this helps the truck...the timing was way advanced, i cant figure it out?help

dodgerules86 08-22-2006 03:53 AM

RE: trouble codes...need help

What where the actual codes? (PXXXX)

vlg2k2 08-22-2006 08:14 PM

i have to recheck....the check engine light came back on so im gonna rescan it.....may not be the map sensor

vlg2k2 08-22-2006 09:00 PM

the only code that remains after replacing the map sensor is P1756.....in my repair manual its says govenor idle psi too high or something to that effect...cant really explain, the truck still has no balls....still have to replace cap and spark plugs....anybody heard of this code??

vlg2k2 08-23-2006 01:31 AM

any help or input about trouble code P1756???

vlg2k2 08-23-2006 08:50 PM

thanks for the help guys.....[>:]

dodgerules86 08-23-2006 10:14 PM

Well, this doesn't sounds too easy.
Basically, the "governor pressure control system" (GPCS) is used to regulate the governor pressure, which is used to control shifts for 1, 2 and 3 gears. The GPCS verifies the requested pressure and the actual pressure are within a pre-determined range.
That is the basics' for the system. I do not have an actual test procedure for the Dakota, however. I have one for the Ram's, and, the procudures call for the use of tools you probably don't have.
Basically, it could be the valve body, the governor pressure sensor, or a open circuit in the 5-volt supply. Other possibilities are internal transmission damage, or a bad PCM.
You might want to talk to a tranny shop. It could just be a bad sensor.

98Dodger4x4 08-23-2006 10:18 PM

young grasshopper help will come in time and when folks get off work. First thing you need to do is relax and let things come to you. Second is drink a beer and relax more. The answers to question always come if time

vlg2k2 08-24-2006 12:07 AM

sorry guys....im too impatient, i cant drive it untill its fixed...sorry again, and thanks for the input....i cant seem to find the govenor sensor...i'll keep looking...thanks

vlg2k2 08-24-2006 01:47 AM

it turns out that my transmission needs to be adjusted...the line pressure and throttle pressure.....i have never did this and i was told i needed a special tool...i was going to try and follow ALLDATA's advice and pictures to adjust these things...any tips before i get into it...iam mechanically experienced, but never did this so, please dont burn me...just need some tips, thanks