Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Dakota > 2nd Gen Dakota Tech
Reload this Page >

oem wheels dont fit on lift kit? no problem

2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

oem wheels dont fit on lift kit? no problem

Old 08-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Chris
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oem wheels dont fit on lift kit? no problem

want to run a lift kit on your dakota or use oversized tires with your stock wheels or aftermarket wheels with stock offset and just cant make them work due to rubbing issues? i had the same problem and found the solution. with the aftermarket wheels i purchsed i also purchased 33" tires. this created a severe rubbing issuse with the inside of the tires and the rear side or the upper control arm. 1.5" wheel spacers are the answer. i purchased these off of ebay last week and they have done the trick. i just wanted everyone to know because this was a serious problem (i didnt want to waste the $800 i spent on tires by destroying the inner walls) and i needed a solution. if this doesnt apply, please ignore but of those who have faced this issue in the past or for people who will in the future, there is an answer that doesnt break your wallet.

chris

Old 08-25-2006, 06:12 AM
RP Racing940
Record Breaker
Default RE: oem wheels dont fit on lift kit? no problem

Best to get aftermarket rims with the correct offset. I would NEVER trust wheel spacers.

Old 08-25-2006, 01:57 PM
Chris
Record Breaker
Default RE: oem wheels dont fit on lift kit? no problem

ORIGINAL: RP Racing940

Best to get aftermarket rims with the correct offset. I would NEVER trust wheel spacers.
that is true. however it is always hard, as you know, to find certain wheels in our lug pattern, nevermind with the desired offset. this allows you to be able to run the wheels you want without worrying about it. i have taken the dak out since installing them and they are doing just fine. you must keep in mind that these are less wheel spacers and more hub extenders.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: oem wheels dont fit on lift kit? no problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: