DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Dakota Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-dakota-tech-67/)
-   -   Tail Lights (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-dakota-tech/94646-tail-lights.html)

xVeNoMx 02-21-2007 12:38 AM

Tail Lights

Hello to everyone..

New to the forum here.. I bought a 2002 Dakota 2WD Ext Cab about 8 months ago. Not too much trouble so far.. (the usual dodge things)

Recently i was parked in the lot at work and somebody decided to back into my driver side tail light and now it's in pieces... Just wondering if anybodyhasany suggestions/sucess storieson where to order some aftermarket tail lights preferably inside of Canada due to custom's and such.

Thanks

Great forum!

RP Racing940 02-21-2007 12:43 AM

RE: Tail Lights

Most autoparts stores can get you replacement STOCK style ones.

I'm still trying to figure out when taillights went from being a SAFETY item ot an APPEARANCE item.:D

shrpshtr325 02-21-2007 01:24 AM

ORIGINAL: RP Racing940

Most autoparts stores can get you replacement STOCK style ones.

I'm still trying to figure out when taillights went from being a SAFETY item ot an APPEARANCE item.:D
AGREED!! /\

But i still would like to get a set of the ram tail light covers bc i think that they would look sweet on my dak

Chris 02-21-2007 02:14 AM

Welcome to the forum. Try eBay, it is your best bet by far. Customs are pretty good about not hasseling too manyeBay items. (From what I hear from some friends up north.)

jonnymagnum 02-21-2007 03:09 PM

I order stufffrom ebay the odd time, and no troubles yet:D

DevilDog17 02-21-2007 10:15 PM

Ebay is the Best way to find cheap costingparts, and it seems like a lot of people go there. Auto parts stores are overpriced for stuff like that.

4x4kota 02-22-2007 02:05 AM

I live right by Niagara falls canada, and i've ordered motorcycle parts off of ebay. There was no trouble at the border at all.

xVeNoMx 02-22-2007 12:54 PM

Thanks for the responses guys.. Maybe I will try Ebay for this one.. I priced some at the local Action Van & Truck and they want $260 for them...

One other thing... Since the light has been bashed out I don't have any reverse lights anymore... Which is kinda weird.. Anybody have any idea's on this one?

Thanks.

jonnymagnum 02-22-2007 01:44 PM

it's probly the bulbs or the fuse.

RP Racing940 02-22-2007 11:04 PM

ORIGINAL: xVeNoMx

One other thing... Since the light has been bashed out I don't have any reverse lights anymore... Which is kinda weird.. Anybody have any idea's on this one?

Thanks.

Much like Johnny said. Just start at the fuse block for a blown fuse. Then look at teh wiring and bulb in teh damaged side. Could had broke the bulb and shorted teh wiring stints of teh bulb.