2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

A/C Not Blowing Properly

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 12:49 PM
OTB1469
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Not Blowing Properly

Hello,

New to the forum. I have a 2002 Dodge Dakota the A/C works fine however, in the cab, the air blows fine out of the vents toward the middle of the truck. The air flows very little out of the vents toward the doors. Any ideas of what might be the problem.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:13 PM
United1
Professional
Default RE: A/C Not Blowing Properly

I am trying to figure out the same issue with my 2000 Durango. Last week I pulled the HVAC box to change a leaking evap and verified the blend door and diaphragms for the ducts are working properly. I also installed a new core and blower motor since I was there. The next step is to check the resistance for the high setting at the blower resistor. At the highest setting the resistance should be zero. Hopefully in the next wekk or so I can check it. I will let you know.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:15 PM
United1
Professional
Default RE: A/C Not Blowing Properly

Oh, and welcome. I am not an old timer or a big poster on this forum, but it is very, very informative and helpful. A lot of guys in each of the separate forums can really offer good advice. A great group of people here.

Quick Reply: A/C Not Blowing Properly