2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

CENTRAL TIMER MODULE

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 02:07 PM
HEMI Dakota
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CENTRAL TIMER MODULE

I have a 2001 DAkota AWD with an RB1 navigation radio. Lately the radio has been switching from AM to FM to AM etc. without pressing any buttons. This RB1 has been installed about 3 years so I thought it might have gone bad. I put my old original radio back in but it does the same thing. When I checked the wiring I unplugged the buss cable and the problem stopped. The buss cable is fed from the CTM. Either the CTM has gone bad or whatever feeds the CTM is giving it bad information. I would leave the buss unplugged but now other functions on the radio don't work. Any ideas?

Old 11-06-2007, 11:28 AM
englitrob
Rookie
Default RE: CENTRAL TIMER MODULE

Does your truck have the stearing wheel radio controls? AM to FM is one of the controls and a bad switch in the steering wheel may be doing it. I'm not familiar with navigation radios but if you had the premium radio its a delicate job to wire in an aftermarket unit.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:27 PM
HEMI Dakota

NO, I don't have the steering wheel controls. The RB1 Navigation Radio had a Mopar harness that made it a plug and play installation. The only installation I had to do was mount the GPS antenna under the dash above the radio.

Old 11-07-2007, 02:29 PM
englitrob
Rookie

There is the possability that the radio itself is going bad is there are no outside controls that may be triggering it.

Quick Reply: CENTRAL TIMER MODULE