2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2001 v6 3.9, p0753 p0743 p0455

Old 05-06-2009, 04:13 PM
rustiest
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 v6 3.9, p0753 p0743 p0455

When i was pulling my truck out of the ditch, on the rear end of my truck a plug with two wires was busted. The wires were touching for quite some time before i noticed and tape them apart, and now im having issue with the electrical.
My truck runs very high RPM's and im forced not to drive it on the highway.
I took it to a transmission shop, and they said p0775:3-4 circuit shorted.
Then a mechanic said 42re trans power trans control module connector leaks
Evapleak p0455
and also the word control solenoid was said...
Im just baffled by this problem, and i dont want to take it to a mechanic because they will probally tell me my ecm is busted or something and charge ridculous amounts
Can anyone help please?? thanks in advance!!

Old 05-07-2009, 01:58 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like driving in that ditch messed some things up, i would try looking over all the wires under the cab and make sure everything is ok.

The TCM is a computer, it CANT leak... and your PCM should be fine, dodge calls them PCMs, not ecms.

Control Solenoid? Elaborate please.

Pictures and more info would help out.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:03 AM
rustiest

Originally Posted by User
Sounds like driving in that ditch messed some things up, i would try looking over all the wires under the cab and make sure everything is ok.

The TCM is a computer, it CANT leak... and your PCM should be fine, dodge calls them PCMs, not ecms.

Control Solenoid? Elaborate please.

Pictures and more info would help out.
Ya it sure did, Under the cab where?
Ok, and i was told it was a control solenoid for my transmission, thats why it is not shifting properly.
Ill try and take pics but all i could show you is the two wired plug that busted and that is down by my license plate, just behind it!

Old 05-10-2009, 05:43 PM
rustiest

bump, anybody with any info?

Old 05-14-2009, 03:20 AM
rustiest

Bump???

Old 05-14-2009, 08:26 AM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

plug on the rear pumpkin with 2 wires torn? sounds like you broke the speed sensor wires... annnd you probably tore a EVAP system line in that ditch...

Old 05-22-2009, 11:03 AM
rustiest

Originally Posted by f0x672
plug on the rear pumpkin with 2 wires torn? sounds like you broke the speed sensor wires... annnd you probably tore a EVAP system line in that ditch...
You think this is what is wrong with it? I will take a few pictures of it today and post them

Old 05-22-2009, 02:22 PM
rustiest

Well i went under to take some pictures, and the wire plug that got busted was on the rear lights for my licence plate. I tried to find where it runs to, but it goes under my spare tire. anyways maybe this news will help out with resolving my problem

Old 05-23-2009, 01:00 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry just noticed this thread got bumped.

There is alot of wires infront of the crossframe that holds the tranny up. Check there. IF ANY of those wires are melted, torn, ripped, or touching somthing else, it will cause alot of things to go wrong with the tranny.

And when you say the tranny is not shifting right? Not shifiting into a certain gear? or what? Is this at WOT or just Normal throttle? Cold Hot?

Old 05-23-2009, 11:01 PM
rustiest

Originally Posted by User
Sorry just noticed this thread got bumped.

There is alot of wires infront of the crossframe that holds the tranny up. Check there. IF ANY of those wires are melted, torn, ripped, or touching somthing else, it will cause alot of things to go wrong with the tranny.

And when you say the tranny is not shifting right? Not shifiting into a certain gear? or what? Is this at WOT or just Normal throttle? Cold Hot?
thx, ya i just replyed..

I will check those wires but, when i was trying to pull it out of the ditch, we were pulling it from the rear, and thats where the plug was broken and the wire were touching. They were touching for quite some time, id say 5 months before i noticed and then taped them apart.
In those five months my truck shifted really hard.. i almost though my tranny was ****ed..
Then once i taped them apart, it now has ran just like it does now. Idles low, ive had it stall a few times on me, but the main problem is it runs very high revs, and doesnt seem to go in to the last gear, cuz at 100Km'ph it will be runnin 3000rpm plus..

I might just book it into dodge dealer and get it diagonosed, cuz thats what my friend told me i should do

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 v6 3.9, p0753 p0743 p0455