2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Door Leak

Old 05-29-2009, 05:27 PM
mightyminder
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Leak

I bought my truck right before the winter and I have had a problem with this leak ever since. It is not the A/C since the A/C has been empty. I looked all around the door and cannot find anywhere where the water may be entering. The door does not get wet so the water runs around the outside.

My question is, Is there a common area where these doors leak?

O, and I can tell that the door has been replaced since there is a different color behind the door panel, so it might just be because of that.

Thanks, Kevin

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Image001.jpg (91.4 KB, 15 views)
Old 05-29-2009, 05:51 PM
slakota

i had a leak like that on mine the carpet and floor from the front passenger side to the back was soaked with water or dampness but mine was from the A/C the moisture that is suppost to run out under the truck was backing up into the cab so i had to find this little opening under the passenger side fender liner on the firewall and put a rubber hose with an 90 degree bend on it the seal it up and that fixed mine but if u dont have any A/C then it might just be the weather seal around the door take a dollar bill and put it in the door between the seal on the door and the one on the cab then slide it, it should be tight and where it slides easliy then u got a leak

Old 05-29-2009, 06:19 PM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had a nasty leak i addressed a few weeks ago, removed my whole interior. my rear window was leaking from the seam between the window and cab. id remove the whole interior and run a hose over all window and door seams, including underneath the truck at the fender where slakota said.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:57 AM
mightyminder
Amateur

thanks for the ideas. I poured a bucket on top and could not find anything, I will have to run a hose underneath and try the dollar bill

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Door Leak