2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Tire Height

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 10:08 PM
tiger8522
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Height

I have a 02 extended cab dakota that is stock. I understand if I change my tire size I will have to re calibrate my speedometer do to the rotation of the tires. What I would like to know is I am currently running a 31 x 10.5 15 tire I cannot go much wider because they will rub when turning but can I possibly put on a tire that is 33” for the height without rubbing on the suspension or the inner fender well?

Old 01-19-2010, 10:09 PM
tamcnally
Veteran

check the FAQ section...

Old 01-20-2010, 10:08 AM
wewanaplay
Veteran

check the faq, grab a tape measure, cut your wheels, and look around.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:16 AM
tiger8522
Amateur
Red face

Okay I checked out the faq page and noted that according to factory spec I should have a 2 inch lift for the tires that I have been running for the last 3 years. I have never had any concerns with rubbing in any of the conditions I have put my truck through.
So I guess I get out the tape measure and find out how much clearance I have and go from there. Thank you for the help.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:29 AM
jason14sierra

this is a perfect example of lazy members just telling somebody to "check the faq"..because in his case the "faq" is wrong concerning his situation..im new here..but im a member of many other forums...and jesus christ its a FORUM! DEFITION OF FORUM: a public meeting or assembly for open discussion
if youre too good to answer somebody's question just go away instead of posting "CHECK THE FAQ" CONSTANTLY...

Old 01-25-2010, 06:49 AM
tamcnally
Veteran

Originally Posted by jason14sierra
this is a perfect example of lazy members just telling somebody to "check the faq"..because in his case the "faq" is wrong concerning his situation..im new here..but im a member of many other forums...and jesus christ its a FORUM! DEFITION OF FORUM: a public meeting or assembly for open discussion
if youre too good to answer somebody's question just go away instead of posting "CHECK THE FAQ" CONSTANTLY...
back up chief.

Quick Reply: Tire Height