2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

CB radio

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 06:05 AM
sargedanb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CB radio

I got an 01 quad cab, just wondering if anyone has put a CB radio in their truck and where the heck did you put it. I am not getting a large one but really still cant find a place to put it. thinking of on the dash but dont really want it to go there. By they way read the manual if you are trying to figure out how to get to the vents behind the cab to run wire. Ya took me a while until i figured out i needed to take the back seat out. But step one done, Ant wire ran just going to pick up the radio and Antenna soon.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:24 AM
twitchy
Professional

I've been wondering about where to put one myself...

I've considered a few options:

1. on the dash, but I think that would just be an eye sore, and in my field of view...

2. under the dash, and just putting a mounting bracket there... but I have an automatic, so likely have a little more room there than anyone with a manual.

3. If I have the bucket seats, I'd probably stick it in between the two seats somehow.

4. If I really want to get creative, I could remove the entire overhead console, and create a custom solution there... but that's money, time and effort I don't have or want to expend right now.

Short of that, it would be a complete remodel of the dash, customizing the location of the radio, fan vents, fan/AC controls etc...

Old 08-20-2010, 11:07 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I temporary had mine under my fold down consul cause it was too big for anywhere else but I ended up putting mine down on the dash by the 4wd shifter had to make a different bracket for it.

Old 08-21-2010, 12:37 AM
zanethan
Veteran

I mounted mine on the very bottom of the dash on the area that goes flat after slopping if that makes sense. That way if I ever wanted to remove it you wouldn't see the holes for the screws.

Old 08-21-2010, 06:59 AM
sargedanb

Well I think I am gonna put it on the dash but way over to the left near the "oh ****" handle and have my ant and power wires running out the fuse panel by the driver door. I will send pics when i get it on monday.

Quick Reply: CB radio