2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Alignment questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 07:26 PM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

One last final update here.. My gf and I took about a 70 mile round trip to Orlando and back today. I drove on all types of roads: two lane county roads leading out to the turnpike, interstate style highways on the turnpike with a lot of construction and some smooth finished out stretches, city streets in Orlando, red brick cobbled streets in the downtown section of a suburb of Orlando called Winter Park, the parking lot at the grocery store on the way home, lots of different road surfaces with different graded slopes.

On all of the roads I drove on today my steering wheel was dead-on straight like it should be and it easily returned back to center after making turns or taking curves in the road. I was not having to constantly correct the steering wheel back to the right and my truck did not have that off-center feeling I used to get from driving with the wheel tilted to the left.

The inner tie rod adjustment tip from Ramforumz works very well. Just wanted to put this final update here in case someone else might have the same problem.

Jimmy

Last edited by 01SilverCC; 06-26-2011 at 07:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Alignment questions