2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Pcm.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 04:34 PM
Frank Guerra
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pcm.

Hi.i have a 03 daktao . I took out the 4.7 an installed a 5.9l mangum in .it. now the last thing I needing to do is a PCM.i am getting a lot of different answers an I'm hoping someone could help me out with the right one...I have 5 PCM in my garage an none of them works.i mean it will start an turn off right away..so I'm guessing it has something to do with the skim .ok I had a PCM that was working an it came from a 98 jeep Wrangler..the engine came out of a 2000 0r 2002 Durango..I have a PCM that is a 99 Durango 5.9.. can I get this flash.an reprogrammed.. another question do I need the Vin from Wich the engine came from BECAUSE that is not going to happen.that truck is a cube at a junkyard bye now..so I am wondering can I go an use any Vin from a truck that has a 5.9 in it from a junkyard...sorry for the long post..

Old 07-25-2021, 11:01 AM
magnethead
Legend
Received 153 Likes on 140 Posts

You don't need the donor VIN. You need the DRB3 which will flash your truck's physical VIN into the donor computer. That will appease SKIM. You also need your SKIM unlock code, which any dealership senior/master tech can give you. It's a 4 digit encryption key based on the physical VIN.

I'm in SanAn for work periodically, but probably wont be there again for a few more months, I was just there 2 weeks ago.

You can try calling your local dealers, but the odds of finding somebody that knows how to use a DRB (much less has one) is a needle>haystack situation.

Quick Reply: Pcm.