2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Stealership Got Me with a BG Trans flush

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 12:37 PM
ZANGADO
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moparman_2004
ouch and did you authorize the work to be done
It was the Trans Flush that I did not know i was going to get or be charged for the service,i asked for the fluid/filter change only.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:09 PM
bpark8824
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go back to the dealer and tell them they need to make it right and if they don't, you will write the BBB (better business bureau). Usually they will try and keep you from doing that because if you do, it can kill a dealers reputation.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:59 PM
ibcnul8r
Professional

I'm curious about this BG service. I understand the flush and all that. But what about the filter? Did they put a new filter in. That would mean they had to have taken off the transmission pan. If it was me......I'd be under my truck looking to see if there is evidence of a NEW gasket between the pan and transmission. If there isn't....then why not? Seem to me there should be. Right??

Other than that, if you did not authorize that specific type of flush then it's on them and not you.

And you also mention the service tech said "With your mileage, I recommended it".....let the tech pay for the BG service then.

Go back a talk to them. But don't go with attitude. You won't get anywhere.

Good luck!!

Just my two cents.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:19 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

ZANGADO

I don’t trust any auto shop or dealer they will burn you ASAP if they feel you can be taken always talk to them so they know you know your stuff and will not be taken.
Do your own oil change cheaper and you will know it’s done correct Even I have been burned one time I took it to a dealership they broke my air intake housing they said they didn’t do it it was already broken BULL**** and refused to replace it no matter how I bitched to the manager that cost me $120 to replace some fat *** lazy mechanic leaned on it and snapped the mounting tab off it was easy to see it was a new break they still refused to replace it.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:50 AM
jakebrink74
Default coming from a tech

First I want to say we get maybe 10 bux a month from the bg chips. Basically garbage. Second, most places will only do the trans service from bg because without it your not doing much of anything. Any flush or service should be done with an additive of some sort. Bg is the best which is why we all use them. If he said a hundred bucks for the service he wasn't thinking correctly. Our trans service is a flat rate of 225. This is in oklahoma. Thats an hour labor and about a hundred in parts. If you ever disagree with something, you dont sign it. Someone said take them to small claims court. You will losse every time because you signed a contract and agreement to not debate the price in any way. Most dealerships have a.good will program. If you felt ripped off they could have wrote it off as good will and you could have had it done free. Also im not sure what type of dodge you have but many cummins have an external trans filter. So checking for the pan being removed is pointless in that case. Also many places will not replace a trans filter. All it is used for is to collect larger debris. It's just a trap like you have under your sink. The bg flush will deteriorate the majority of whats inside it. Dealerships aren't out to get you they want whats best for your vehicle and to keep it in perfect condition as long as possible. You should be happy when something is recommended because that means they are keeping your car in perfect condition for you. Dont you want the car your paying all your money for each month to be in perfect working condition at all times? I know I do

Last edited by jakebrink74; 07-30-2014 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:09 PM
djbucky3
Captain

Originally Posted by jakebrink74
First I want to say we get maybe 10 bux a month from the bg chips. Basically garbage. Second, most places will only do the trans service from bg because without it your not doing much of anything. Any flush or service should be done with an additive of some sort. Bg is the best which is why we all use them. If he said a hundred bucks for the service he wasn't thinking correctly. Our trans service is a flat rate of 225. This is in oklahoma. Thats an hour labor and about a hundred in parts. If you ever disagree with something, you dont sign it. Someone said take them to small claims court. You will losse every time because you signed a contract and agreement to not debate the price in any way. Most dealerships have a.good will program. If you felt ripped off they could have wrote it off as good will and you could have had it done free. Also im not sure what type of dodge you have but many cummins have an external trans filter. So checking for the pan being removed is pointless in that case. Also many places will not replace a trans filter. All it is used for is to collect larger debris. It's just a trap like you have under your sink. The bg flush will deteriorate the majority of whats inside it. Dealerships aren't out to get you they want whats best for your vehicle and to keep it in perfect condition as long as possible. You should be happy when something is recommended because that means they are keeping your car in perfect condition for you. Dont you want the car your paying all your money for each month to be in perfect working condition at all times? I know I do
Remind me never ever ever to have service done at a dealership in oklahoma. What dealership do you work at so i can avoid y'all?

As for "what vehicle do you have". Idk dumbass, why don't you look at what section you are posting in?! Oh wait, lemme guess you had to go take that cute little selfy first and put it as your profile pic.

Old 07-30-2014, 02:19 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Thumbs down

I call Bull--S on mister service tech Stealerships are the correct wording I don't go unless I have no other choice.

Old 07-30-2014, 02:34 PM
djbucky3
Captain

Originally Posted by 98DAKAZ
I call Bull--S on mister service tech Stealerships are the correct wording I don't go unless I have no other choice.
Literally would shoot myself before I let some idiot at a stealership touch my truck. The jakebrink74 guy proved that for me!

Old 07-30-2014, 08:01 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker

i cant say as to the need of a trany flush. but i live in Wichita KS. BG is here. i have NEVER herd anything bad about the co.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:23 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by djbucky3
Literally would shoot myself before I let some idiot at a stealership touch my truck. The jakebrink74 guy proved that for me!

You know you would let me work on your truck. I'll treat ya'll real nice !!

Quick Reply: Stealership Got Me with a BG Trans flush