2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

5.2L Intake question

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 02:51 PM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 5.2L Intake question

I was looking at my intake the other day and right behind it, you will see the oil sensor is there.. and to its left is the dist.

Well between the oil sensor (Point of reference) and the back of the kegger, there is a stud that sticks up, looks like a place something goes, like EGR or something.

I just wanted to make sure its not something that goes into the engine or needs to have something there or it will leak vacuum.

Looks like a place something bolts too but i just want to be sure, i dont see any threads on the inside of it.. and i really cant get a real good look with my mirror..

Old 08-05-2011, 04:15 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 152 Likes on 139 Posts

sounds to me like the distributor locking stud, like the dizzy's lock was removed?! Just guessing out loud.

(taken from the camaro but you get the idea)

IMAG1558.jpg

Last edited by magnethead; 08-05-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:14 PM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah.. its not no close enough to be that.. I was looking at a diagram for EGR valve and i think its just the stud where the bolt would go on to hold the EGR (Which i do not have) and also i was looking most of the intake mods show a hose at the rear of the unit, also i do not have..

Quick Reply: 5.2L Intake question