2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Headlight/dash light/interior lights/fog light problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Old Man Ace
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight/dash light/interior lights/fog light problem

I have a 2001 4X4 Club Cab. The truck was not being used but both headlights came on very dimly by themselves and stayed on. I also discovered that the key fob would not unlock the doors and the interior lights, dash lights, and fog lights did not work either. The headlight switch seemed useless as I could not turn the headlights fully on or totally off and no other function of the light switch worked. Also, the headlight high beam switch did not work. I had to disconnect the battery to turn off the headlights. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem is and how to diagnose it? Thanks.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:44 AM
McNasy
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im sure others will chime in as well, but im gunna say the ctm took a crap on you. do the power locks and windows work? cruise work?

Old 02-01-2012, 12:01 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Its your ctm. It controls all that crap. Its behind the drivers side kick panel below the parking brake.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Old Man Ace

The lights came on while I was at work (I drove the Jeep yesterday) so I didn't see the problem until I got home after 11:30 last night. She's on the battery charger now until I go to work. I'll recheck everything tomorrow and let you know more. Thanks for the help.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Old Man Ace

I hooked the battery up after charging it and everything was back to normal. All of the symptoms that I described in my first post were gone. I guess it's just a matter of time until the problem returns.

Quick Reply: Headlight/dash light/interior lights/fog light problem