2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Lift or no lift?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Mopartech12
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

forgot to mention i see plenty of lifted rams and they dont rattle idk about body lifts though i dont reccomend them and i wont install them all your doing is putting plastic spacers between the frame and body and all the gaps between the bed and frame look like crap yes its much cheaper but in the automotive field you get what you pay for

Old 05-24-2012, 03:00 PM
Blaze10
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had body lift in both my dakotas with no problems with gap guards an i think my truck does not look like crap .. i get compliments all the time. Just saying considering they make nothing for lifts cept body an t bar lifts.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:05 PM
DakCC4x4
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont understand why everyone is so **** about body lifts. They are more true lift than a suspension lift of the same size and as long as you raise the bumpers and what not they dont look bad at all especially on Dakotas. The t-bar crank suspension lifts are garbage and can make for a rough ride and increase wear on steering, cv joints and suspension components. All you are doing by cranking the tbars is making it ride higher in the factory range of motion. Unless it is a differential drop style lift then from my experience it really is not a great idea on torsion bar frontends.

Quick Reply: Lift or no lift?