2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

SAS project

Old 06-28-2013, 03:49 PM
Jcriswell88
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SAS project

What's happenin everybody!

First time actually getting sound to posting (been reading around for awhile). As you guessed I'm in the process of acquiring the parts for my sas. I've got a 2002 qc 4x4 with a 3" body lift on 31s. Unfortunately, I'm not that technically savy so i have a buddy of mine helping me with the fabrcation. So far, I've got a matching set 78 f150 d44 front and 9" rear. Waiting on my leaf springs, and rims and tires. Besides all the small stuff and fabricating I'm trying to figure out what steering gear box to use. I've read that the gear box from the 78 f250 is a beast, but idk how much fabricating it would take to adapt it. Any ideas? Appreciate the knowledge. Pictures and what not to come.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Robbadodge
Veteran

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like a bad *** project. I'm pretty much learning to service and debug as I go, so many others will be of help with your build. Check out the many threads on there and find out who knows their stuff; you're going to love it here!

Good luck,
Robb

Old 07-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Tom A
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like you picked a pretty good pair of axles. I've also heard that the F250 box works well and, from what I've seen, it's relatively easy to retrofit. Fortunately for me, mine already had a steering box, so I didn't need to add one.

Looking forward to following your build.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:49 PM
Deadsquiggles
Veteran

Subscribed. this'll be interesting to follow.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:55 AM
Jcriswell88

Hey guys!
Sorry it's been awhile since the gear box post, but I decided to go with a gearbox from the first generation daks. Pretty universal fit between the daks and jeeps. Now I've run into a small problem. The 78 f150 axles were set up to run coil overs and I'm trying not to go that route if at all possible. I was hoping and wondering if anybody had any ideas or info that would keep me leafed? Also, decided to go with procomp steelies and an gonna employ a dual steering stabilizer. Now here's a real noob question how the dam do I upload pictures? Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SAS project