2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

OBDII Bluetooth device.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:21 AM
giomi59
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my teacher showed us these in my auto electrical class. a bunch of the guys went out and bought them and they are freaking awesome. using it on the smart phone also allows you to click on any DTC and look it up right there. definitely investing in one once i can upgrade from a flip phone haha

Old 07-13-2013, 10:30 AM
BlackTrim211
Rookie

Android users, do we need any other plug ins or anything? or will just the torque app itself and the obdII? i'll be ordering mine here shortly but want to get my phone ready first. and is there a app that's better for us dodge daks or no? I plan on using mine on other vehicles as I work on everyone's but i'm mainly concerned with what I need for our trucks.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:03 PM
Robbadodge
Veteran

Originally Posted by BlackTrim211
Android users, do we need any other plug ins or anything? or will just the torque app itself and the obdII? i'll be ordering mine here shortly but want to get my phone ready first. and is there a app that's better for us dodge daks or no? I plan on using mine on other vehicles as I work on everyone's but i'm mainly concerned with what I need for our trucks.
Torque App and the compatible OBDII device is all you need. Enable bluetooth, then pair the two. The cheapest scanner, at around $13 will work on the Dak, but you may want to spend a little more (as I had to) to ensure it will work on other vehicles. Amazon has one for around $24,
this is the one I got this is the one I got
; the $12 one didn't work on our Trailblazer.

Enjoy the combo!

Old 07-14-2013, 10:37 AM
BlackTrim211
Rookie

nice thanks

Old 07-16-2013, 12:03 AM
Brian in Tucson
All Star

Will it be able to diagnose if fuel sync is off?

Old 07-16-2013, 09:10 AM
Robbadodge
Veteran

Originally Posted by Brian in Tucson
Will it be able to diagnose if fuel sync is off?
I don't think so... just Ford and GM, not Chrysler.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Brian in Tucson
All Star

Originally Posted by Crazy4x4RT
For those who have OBDII on their vehicles this is for you.

I bought a Bluetooth OBDII connector. I use my phone to view all the data the engine has in the live feed mode. This thing is great, great price and with the Torque app, tons of info. You can Bluetooth to your PC too. http://www.ebay.com/itm/290930379709...84.m1439.l2649
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...l.torque&hl=en

Mine came with a little cd, which my computer doesn't seem to be able to get to open. Could you please share the pass code?

Old 07-18-2013, 02:41 PM
Robbadodge
Veteran

I didn't bother w the CD. I heard many have pop-up bs on them. Typ pairing pass code is 1111, 2222, etc.

Others may help with any custom settings you may like. Post if you can't get yours to pair.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:22 PM
Brian in Tucson
All Star

Originally Posted by Robbadodge
I didn't bother w the CD. I heard many have pop-up bs on them. Typ pairing pass code is 1111, 2222, etc.

Others may help with any custom settings you may like. Post if you can't get yours to pair.

I emailed the seller, too. And he came right back with some detailed instructions:

here is the instruction for pairing the device to Android phone using Torque:
1) With the car running, insert the ELM327 into the OBDII port in the car. Immediately you will see each light flash briefly, and then a solid red light.
2) from your phone,go to: Menu> Settings> Wireless and Networks> Bluetooth Settings:
2a) Turn on Blue Tooth
2b) Scan Devices. Pair with the new device, called CHX.
3) Run the Torque App from the phone.
4) There are settings within the Torque app that need to be set: Menu> Settings> OBD2 Adapter Settings:
4a) Connection type -select Bluetooth
4b) Choose Bluetooth Device - select CHX
there's a PIN number(6789) that you have to enter the first time you pair the ELM327 to your phone
You must quit and restart the Torque app every time you make a change to the settings, in order for the settings to take effect.
GPS must be enabled on the phone in order to get speed/position related data.
Once you get Torque working with the ELM327, you can leave the ELM327 in the OBDII port, and merely enabling Bluetooth on the phone, and then running Torque will pair with it and work.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:54 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

The CD that came with my device said 6789, which didn't work. What does work for mine is 1234.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OBDII Bluetooth device.