2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

My local dealer is a joke

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 07:17 PM
Bluedogcards
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My local dealer is a joke

Hi all, this may seem like a vent, not meant to be that way. Here is what happened. First i try to do most of the work on my truck 2000 SLT 4x4, 240.000. miles great truck love it. My truck stopped turning left so took it in and had it check out, ended up replacing both upper and lower control arms, shocks, tie rods, sway bar bushing, and rack&Pinion. most of the cost was parts they gave me a break on labor, like i said i try to do most of the work my self but had them do it, my disabilities have gotten to where i can't do alot of things anymore. well about a month later and less them 200 miles it stopped making sharp turns, so took it back thay told me they installed the wrong tie rods WHAT... they have had my truck for 2 days now, and still not done. funny thing is it took them a day and half to put new front end on it. Funny how thing get done from paying jobs then nonpaying jobs. was told there is no cost to fix it. Got that right,,, what are they liable for besides parts and labor. do you think getting a hold of Corp office will change anything..

Any thoughts good or bad are welcome

Old 08-28-2013, 01:09 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Sounds more like a steering problem not suspension

Most of what they replaced would need replacing at some time so its not that it didn't need it just that that wasn't the problem.

You should have a solid like new front suspension now that's good.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:42 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 153 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by 98DAKAZ
Sounds more like a steering problem not suspension

Most of what they replaced would need replacing at some time so its not that it didn't need it just that that wasn't the problem.

You should have a solid like new front suspension now that's good.
agreed.

Not turning sharp = your steering rack is shot.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:37 AM
Bluedogcards
Rookie

They replaced the tie rods and everything works great now, but have to take it back for the third time. they did not tightin the the clamps down and they are dinging and making noise, yes i could fix it no problem maybe a 2 mins job but still bring it back they need to know the work is not being done right.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:55 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker

have a different mech fix it and make them pay the bill. all so what liabilitie do they have when you wipe out bus full of kids?

Old 08-29-2013, 02:57 PM
ThisIsChallenging
Amateur

Originally Posted by magnethead
agreed.

Not turning sharp = your steering rack is shot.
Or it could be the pump itself?

Old 08-29-2013, 03:31 PM
sl2racer
Veteran

yes corp would defiantly help you out there

Old 08-30-2013, 05:44 PM
Bluedogcards
Rookie

Thanks all for the input, just an update truck works fine turns like it should and the front is real stife, new again, this whole thing has been a headache for the dealer and myself. i did lay into the shop Mang. and the overall mang. all thay could say is sorry. well at least i got that. I will keep bring my truck there for oil changes only because it's free for Vets and Military.

I did see since the parts were hitting each other i do have strackes on the inside of my front rims. will take that to discount tire and have them check the balance. it free for me to since i got my tires there. I like free,,,

once again all thanks for the inputs. if got anything more let me have it

Quick Reply: My local dealer is a joke