2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

No tag on transmission

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 06:46 PM
TheNewbie
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No tag on transmission

I'm about to pull my transmission to do a rebuild but I can't find a tag on the transmission case. All I have found is a cast marking on the passenger side. It's upside down and it says "1826".

I have a friend who rebuilds transmissions for a living and he is going to help me rebuild it. He said that there are a few styles of NV3500 and needs to know which one to be able to get the right parts. He asked me to get him the numbers on the tag or any markings on the tranny and I can't find anything else. A google search for NV3500 and 1826 isn't bringing anything up.

Anyone know where to look? Am I gonna have to drop the tranny first to see anything on top of it? I am still driving this as my daily driver and would like to be able to order parts before pulling the tranny to minimize down time.

Last edited by TheNewbie; 01-10-2014 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:51 PM
TheNewbie
Professional

If anyone has a good write-up on pulling the transmission that would be great as well!

Old 01-11-2014, 09:05 AM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

If a manual trans it should be the NV3500 but look in your glove Box on the door you should have a sticker on it and tell you.

Old 01-11-2014, 01:07 PM
Robbadodge
Veteran

Contact Dodge to get your build sheet. It will have all the factory set up of the truck. Have your last 8 digits of your VIN on hand.

Good luck!

Old 01-16-2014, 06:41 PM
TheNewbie
Professional

Originally Posted by Robbadodge
Contact Dodge to get your build sheet. It will have all the factory set up of the truck. Have your last 8 digits of your VIN on hand.

Good luck!
Waiting to hear back.

So does anyone have a link to a write up on removing this? I'm sure I can hack at it and get it out, but pictures and tips from people who have done it before would be a great confidence booster!

Quick Reply: No tag on transmission