2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

No Hazard Flasher - '97 3.9L SLT 2WD

Old 06-18-2014, 03:18 AM
tylan
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile No Hazard Flasher - '97 3.9L SLT 2WD

My truck's hazard warning lights have stopped working. When I depress the flasher button, nothing flashes. They were working a couple of months ago.

The truck is a 1997 3.9L V6 SLT 2WD, 4-spd Auto transmission(42RE).

So what might be the problem and how do I go about diagnose it?

The obviously answer is to just replace the flasher replay. But if the flasher relay is faulty, shouldn't I be out of turn signals also? right now the turn signals are working just fine.

I am getting confusing search results from different auto part retailers, some relays has only 2-pin, some has 5-pin. It seems the 5-pin one is the one I should get, I'd appreciate if a friend here can make sure of it for me.

I

Besides the relay, is there a fuse for the flasher? If there is one, I am hoping it's a just a blown fuse problem. The relay costs $50 at my nearest store.

Thanks!

Old 06-23-2014, 07:13 AM
racecart1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well. try to switch this relay with another one, This relay might not working properly and able to bear the load of two lights properly as you mentioned the indicators are working fine.
If it doesn't help get your flasher button checked, may be it needs to be changed.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:15 AM
LIZZRD
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Check the fuse panel under the hood near the battery. You can swap with another to check it , and/or you should have a spare fuse in the designated slot.
$50 seems too much $ for the relay. That relay is in the side panel of dash, right ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No Hazard Flasher - '97 3.9L SLT 2WD