2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Would 35s fit on a Dakota 99 4wd with a 2in body lift??

Old 08-09-2014, 10:24 PM
faceisee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Would 35s fit on a Dakota 99 4wd with a 2in body lift??

i got some (315/75R16 = 34.6X12.4R16) and im wondering if they are going to fit on the truck i have a dodge dakota 99 4x4 with what am thinking its a 2inch body lift (it was there when i bought it) so has anyone does this, i would like to see some pictures or who has been through this? any thoughts ppl
p.s. i dont have more money at the moment to add extra stuff, but am hoping that with the "2 inch" the tires will be clear from the rear and front fender, also i was hoping to buy some spacers not sure the size maybe 1 in or bigger

Old 08-12-2014, 02:13 PM
TheNewbie
Professional

It might work but you'll probably need some really limiting bump stops. I ran 33's with a 1.5" lift and rubbed a bit at full flex, but only about 1/4" in the rear. The front was fine (for height, you'll hit the frame when turning for sure but that has nothing at all to do with the lift).

You'll be even closer to the body with 35's and a 2" lift than I was. Since your tires are 2" taller than mine (only 1" of that is coming closer to the body) and a 1/2" more lift than I had I'd guess that you would be about 3/4" of an inch too short to fit without a bump stop extension.

3" of body lift would be ideal, but if you don't mind losing the extra flex by installing bump stop extensions then you'll probably be able to make it work. You can always crank the t bars up front and do a small shackle lift or block lift in the rear as well.

Last edited by TheNewbie; 08-13-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:55 PM
TheNewbie
Professional

Another good way to figure it out is to find a ramp or something that you can flex out the suspension on. Drive up it until the suspension is resting on the bump stops. Measure how much room you have above the tire. Then you can double that measurement (since only 1/2 of that extra height is above the tire) and that is how much taller your tire can get before rubbing.

Example:

If you have 31" tires on it now with 1.5" of clearance when at full flex you wouldn't rub until you to about a 34" tire, so you'd want to go with 33's max.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:45 PM
hanleysh
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Short answer is no. I fit 33s with a 3" body lift with minimal rubbing. I ran the same size tires you mentioned for a while with my body lift, re indexed torsion keys(cranked way to far) and add a leafs in the rear. If you only have a 2" body lift I really don't see it working out well

Old 08-21-2014, 09:42 PM
Tom A
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm running LT315/75R16 tires on my truck with way more than 2" of lift, and they barely clear when the suspension is flexed and the wheels are turned. I even had to move my front axle 1" forward to keep them from rubbing. I can't see how it would possibly work with only 2"

BTW, the tires in my sig pic are 305/70s (33").

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Would 35s fit on a Dakota 99 4wd with a 2in body lift??