2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2003 Dakota Programming Updates

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 07:37 PM
totalrecall
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 2003 Dakota Programming Updates

Looking for your feedback especially if your dealer tried this. Had the Dakota with V6 about 5 months now at 67,000 miles. Like others here doesn't downshift easily or at all when you floor it to pass someone. Well overdrive to 3rd works fine. But almost can't get the 3rd to 2nd kick down to work.

So I took it to a dealer and they said they had a PCM/TCM update for downshifting on hills. Sounded good so I had them install it. Also asked them to take a look at the TV cable and the mechanic did make an adjustment and demonstrated it for me in case I want to make further adjustments.

Does seem to respond a little better, holds each gear a couple of miles per hour longer and I like that. Any experiences from you on whatever that latest flash program helped or didn't help with?

I have bought a used and unlocked Superchips programmer, but may wait until I drive the truck some more to see if I even put the 87 octane tune on it.

Thanks

Mike

Quick Reply: 2003 Dakota Programming Updates