2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

It was time...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 10:51 PM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default It was time...

I am sorry to say I no longer have a Dakota. My truck had over 186,000 miles on it and had more than its share of problems in the last year. I was working on it fixing one thing or another practically every weekend in the last few months and finally decided enough is enough. I never had the time I need to do anything else like work on my house, not to mention being real tired of the added expense of parts. I am also transferring to a different work location soon, and the new office is 32 miles one way from my house.

I loved my truck and will always miss it and remember it but I need something more reliable and better on gas so this past Monday I bought a good used lease turn-in 2013 Honda Civic. It's a great car so far and I hope it lasts me a very long time like my Dakota did. I sold my Dakota to Carmax last night. I learned a lot here and I hope I was able to help a few people out too. I really enjoyed the sense of community here and I may be back here from time to time to catch up on the Dakota world but for now I am done.

Jimmy

Old 02-28-2016, 08:35 PM
00DakDan
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Hey Jimmy,

Good luck with the Honda. Thanks for all your input in the past.

Old 02-29-2016, 01:10 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You will miss it.. My dakota had its fair share of problems so thats why I got my ram.. 5 years later I miss my dakota fun little truck, parts were cheap,pretty easy to work on.. Not that id ever get rid of my ram but but would love to have a 2nd truck.. Im sure the honda will prove itself.. My buddy is an engineer at the honda plant in ohio.. Never really has anything bad to say about them

Old 02-29-2016, 03:33 PM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 376 Likes on 338 Posts

Jimmy, good luck with everything. Thanks for all the help you've given me. I own a Honda myself. Extremely reliable and that Civic will be night and day on gas.

Old 07-21-2022, 02:50 PM
KevinSandidge
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're right about this group's 'sense of community' - I love that.
I'm gonna get my '94 dakota running and drive it but I will miss not having a back up vehicle. On that note, in the future, I could use this crashed truck as a back up vehicle and drive it like it is - I'm working out of a poor man's budget over here so no lease fo me.

Quick Reply: It was time...