2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

truck shaking

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 03:35 PM
AndrewMorin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truck shaking

hey guys, just the other day i was leaving with my truck and when i got up to 60km/h and at 90km/h, engine light was blinking and at 1500rpm, the truck shakes when im on the gas but when i let off the gas, it stops shaking. it only seems to shake when at 1500rpm while on the gas and between speeds 60km/h and higher. not sure what could cause the shaking. i checked with the obd and it says cylinder 2 misfire but i had cylinder 4 misfire last year but it didnt cause this problem so i dont think it could be that causing it to shake. any ideas what could cause the shaking? i know its not snow/ice build up. and the tires are aligned. im thinking its something to do with the engine. truck is a 2004 dak. AWD 4x4 4.7L V8

Old 03-02-2016, 05:39 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by AndrewMorin
hey guys, just the other day i was leaving with my truck and when i got up to 60km/h and at 90km/h, engine light was blinking and at 1500rpm, the truck shakes when im on the gas but when i let off the gas, it stops shaking. it only seems to shake when at 1500rpm while on the gas and between speeds 60km/h and higher. not sure what could cause the shaking. i checked with the obd and it says cylinder 2 misfire but i had cylinder 4 misfire last year but it didnt cause this problem so i dont think it could be that causing it to shake. any ideas what could cause the shaking? i know its not snow/ice build up. and the tires are aligned. im thinking its something to do with the engine. truck is a 2004 dak. AWD 4x4 4.7L V8
It's miss firing somewhere. Flashing check engine light is telling you that. Continuing to drive it with a misfire could result in engine damage. Start with cylinder 2. Check the plug, wire. Maybe do a conpression check.

Old 03-02-2016, 05:54 PM
AndrewMorin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll give them a check. Hopefully I didn't cause too much damage or none at all. Started on Monday and drove it for like 300kms or so

Quick Reply: truck shaking