2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Door lock actuators....

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 05:51 PM
Robertwav1
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Door lock actuators....

Anyone know of a good place to buy power door lock actuators. Mine are both shot and would like to replace along with a new remote as well. I didn't think a junk yard thing would be a good idea cause of age. Thanks!

Old 05-18-2017, 05:15 PM
patchelect
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm guessing some aftermarket vendor and retrofit, but no specific location.

Do the doors only lock/unlock by the slide lever? Doesn't the unlock switch open them at all? I'll assume you checked for voltage to them. Seems odd that both have quit, although I guess you must have live with one for a period of time before the second one quit.

Old 05-19-2017, 03:35 PM
Robertwav1
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by patchelect
I'm guessing some aftermarket vendor and retrofit, but no specific location.

Do the doors only lock/unlock by the slide lever? Doesn't the unlock switch open them at all? I'll assume you checked for voltage to them. Seems odd that both have quit, although I guess you must have live with one for a period of time before the second one quit.
Yes, they both quit because of age. Drivers side went first. They have like a little clutch in the power lock which I somehow locked it up and it worked for a while. The unlock switch works just fine, they try but don't unlock, just the driver door which I worked on if you cycle it a few times. Need to find a good place and the right price. I'll keep looking. Thanks!